• whiteboxr
    • Nov 2014

Thank you Bikerscum!

Comment

• Bikerscum
      Solar Fanatic
      • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Bikerscum
      Got my first NEM bill... runs from the middle of Oct. to the middle of Nov.....

-$14.41
      Was rereading my PG&E bill...

Turns out half the period was before I switched to NEM.... the $-14.41 was only for 15 days.... -94 kwh used. So it's even better than I thought
      6k LG 300, 16S, 2E, 2W, Solaredge P400s and SE5000

Comment

• awhite
        • Jan 2015

SolarEdge

Please help me understand, does the SolarEdge inverter and AC disconnect both go outside near the service panel or both go inside the garage ? Is there any noise from the inverter? How much noise? Enough to be a problem? If it's going outside, it would be across from my neighbor's bedroom, thus the question.

Comment

• buellwinkle
          • Aug 2014

You can have it outside if you prefer, but my string inverter is inside along with all the disconnects. There is no noise at all coming from my invert, but it's an SMA 6000TL, the TL stands for transformerless hence no transformer hum of older designs. Also, that model has a 1,500W off grid power outlet for use during power outages which I think is unique to SMA.

Comment

• sensij
            Solar Fanatic
            • Sep 2014

SE6000A and smaller do not have a fan, if fan noise is a concern. All SolarEdge inverters are transformerless.
            CS6P-260P/SE3000 - http://tiny.cc/ed5ozx

Comment

• HX_Guy
              Solar Fanatic
              • Apr 2014

Originally posted by awhite
              Please help me understand, does the SolarEdge inverter and AC disconnect both go outside near the service panel or both go inside the garage ? Is there any noise from the inverter? How much noise? Enough to be a problem? If it's going outside, it would be across from my neighbor's bedroom, thus the question.
              My SolarEdge inverter has dual fans but they are quiet, you wouldn't hear it from inside the house at all if you mount it outside. The fans are basically computer fans, so the noise is similar.

Comment

• Bikerscum
                Solar Fanatic
                • Jul 2014

Originally posted by awhite
                You can go either way. Mine is a 5kw unit & is in the garage... completely silent. I preferred to keep it out of the elements.

Comment

• ANR
                  • Jan 2015

Installer Information

You can go either way. Mine is a 5kw unit & is in the garage... completely silent. I preferred to keep it out of the elements.
                  Bikerscum!

I am a new member, could you please PM your installer name and contact information

Comment

• ANR
                    • Jan 2015

Originally posted by ANR
                    Bikerscum!

I am a new member, could you please PM your installer name and contact information
                    Bikerscum!

Got the PM, thanks for the information, I have been already working with same installer, from the comments from others, I kind of guessed, I do have similar roof challenges, and I may have to inatll in 2 units (Main Unit and Casita) to get desired capacity, i am considering LG300N1C-B3 Panels +M250 micro inverter or I have to go for two string inverters+Solar Egde,

How is your system performing, did you see any post installation issues?

Comment

• Bikerscum
                      Solar Fanatic
                      • Jul 2014

Originally posted by ANR
                      Bikerscum!

Got the PM, thanks for the information, I have been already working with same installer, from the comments from others, I kind of guessed, I do have similar roof challenges, and I may have to inatll in 2 units (Main Unit and Casita) to get desired capacity, i am considering LG300N1C-B3 Panels +M250 micro inverter or I have to go for two string inverters+Solar Egde,

How is your system performing, did you see any post installation issues?
                      No issues. Other than hardly any sun this month I mean lol. Everything is working as planned, and went through the big storm recently with no leaks that I could find.

BTW... the Solaredge system (what I went with) isn't really string inverters, it's a central inverter with individual "optimizers" on each panel. You can monitor every panel's output individually. It's a great way to go especially if you have any shading issues.

Good luck in the hunt

Comment

• bcroe
                        Solar Fanatic
                        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by HX_Guy
                        My SolarEdge inverter has dual fans but they are quiet, you wouldn't hear it from inside the house at all if you mount it outside. The fans are basically computer fans, so the noise is similar.
                        The fans I worked with were variable speed. That allows them to be very quiet much of
                        the time, but expect to hear them in extreme conditions. Bruce Roe

Comment

• awhite
                          • Jan 2015

@Bikerscum. Would you mind PM'ing me your installer details as well? I'm planning on SolarWorld 280 and SolarEdge 5kw...Thanks in advance...

Comment

• ANR
                            • Jan 2015

No issues. Other than hardly any sun this month I mean lol. Everything is working as planned, and went through the big storm recently with no leaks that I could find.

BTW... the Solaredge system (what I went with) isn't really string inverters, it's a central inverter with individual "optimizers" on each panel. You can monitor every panel's output individually. It's a great way to go especially if you have any shading issues.

Good luck in the hunt
                            That's right, but my understanding is that we need to replace central inverter every 10 years, also for my configuration, there is a possibility that I need tow central inverters (kind of two systems with one main panel and net metering), did not like this idea, so considering micro inverters

Comment

• ver2go
                              • Oct 2014

Bikerscum,

Who was your Sales person over there? Mine kind of just dropped off in communications. Before I try to re-establish communications and negotiate for a reasonable price, I want to see if it is the same person or if there is a better person to go through.

Thanks!

Comment

• Bikerscum
                                Solar Fanatic
                                • Jul 2014

The sales person was Daniel.

But, dropping communications seems to be the rule there rather than the exception. Expect to hear "sorry it's been crazy here" a lot.

That said, I'm happy with the system, just took more effort on my part than it should to get it done.

Comment

Working...