X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HX_Guy
    Solar Fanatic
    • Apr 2014

Thanks...I think?

On the warranty issue again, I talked to Centro Solar and they said the process goes like this. If there is a suspected warranty claim, I would call my original installer who would come out to diagnose and it is found that a new panel is needed, then CentroSolar would replace the panel through the installer. I asked what happens if the original installer is out of business and they said that they would then recommend a different installer who would come out to inspect. If the panel is faulty, they would cover both labor and materials.
    The panels have a 10 year workmanship and materials warranty and a 25 year power warranty (80% at 25 years).

Sounds pretty good. I also asked them if they are familiar with the installer I am using and they said yes and that they hadn't heard of any complaints against them. Finally last question was where are the panels made, and they said the B-series (which we are using) are completely made in the US, both the cells and assembly. I like that.

Comment

• fuzzelogic
      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by HX_Guy
      Thanks...I think?

On the warranty issue again, I talked to Centro Solar and they said the process goes like this. If there is a suspected warranty claim, I would call my original installer who would come out to diagnose and it is found that a new panel is needed, then CentroSolar would replace the panel through the installer. I asked what happens if the original installer is out of business and they said that they would then recommend a different installer who would come out to inspect. If the panel is faulty, they would cover both labor and materials.
      So if the panel is in the middle of the array and 6 panels need to be removed to get to the bad panel, the company is going to pay for all of the costs to the system installer????!!!!

How many installers are in your area currently that sell the Centro Solar panel? There should be more in the future as solar continues to grow, BUT what if they are not AND now you need a different installer to do maintenance on your system??

Some warranty claims will barely cover the gas to cover the cost of the trip if your an installer depending on where the customer site is in relation to where the installer is located

The installer most likely would need 2 trips 1 for diagnose and 1 to replace the panel.... not sure if enphase will allow remote diagnose, but I've always heard you have to be on the customer site to go thru the onsite procedure and then issue a RMA.

Also, you might want to investigate the fronius RMA procedure if you plan on going with their inverter because unless they have changed the inverter quality in the last couple of years, you will be calling them as well at some point to replace the inverter.

They are helpful to replace the inverter, but your system will be down while you wait for the inverter to be shipped and then for your installer to come out to replace the inverter.

Comment

• HX_Guy
        Solar Fanatic
        • Apr 2014

Heh, I didn't get into quite that much detail. I wonder how it would even be figured out which panel is bad? Would that string just not be functioning right and then they have to test each panel?

As for removing panels, there isn't really a case of where you would need to remove 1, maybe 2 panels, to get to a faulty one. This is the layout we are going with.

Comment

• russ
          Solar Fanatic
          • Jul 2009

Originally posted by silversaver
          Wish you luck!!! I think you needed it. I hope you can save tons of money and no issue with your solar.

I hope we don't see you coming back starting a new thread about how to take action against a bad installer.....
          And guess what!
          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• silversaver
            Solar Fanatic
            • Jul 2013

Originally posted by russ
            And guess what!
            I knew this is coming....

Comment

Working...