X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rubdom
    • Jan 2014

Solaredge monitoring questions

Its been over a week since my system was turned on and I have some questions on the Solaredge monitoring portal that I am hoping someone can help with.

I have noticed a discrepancy between my lifetime generation numbers and my monthly or yearly numbers.. These numbers should match since I have not had the system on for more than a month. The monthly or yearly number is higher than the lifetime number. It seems that this difference is growing everyday.
    Also when I look at numbers on the layout view if I add up each panel separately I get a higher number than if I use the inverter number. I have verified from my production meter that the higher number is the correct one. Any idea why the inverter and therefore the lifetime generation number would be lower?

My installer has talked with Solaredge and they haven't been too helpful. I hope that someone here has experience with the monitoring or why there are discrepancies.

Thanks!

Ruben
  • geerad
    • Mar 2012

solaredge monitoring portal

Originally posted by rubdom
    Its been over a week since my system was turned on and I have some questions on the Solaredge monitoring portal that I am hoping someone can help with.

I have noticed a discrepancy between my lifetime generation numbers and my monthly or yearly numbers.. These numbers should match since I have not had the system on for more than a month. The monthly or yearly number is higher than the lifetime number. It seems that this difference is growing everyday.
    Also when I look at numbers on the layout view if I add up each panel separately I get a higher number than if I use the inverter number. I have verified from my production meter that the higher number is the correct one. Any idea why the inverter and therefore the lifetime generation number would be lower?

My installer has talked with Solaredge and they haven't been too helpful. I hope that someone here has experience with the monitoring or why there are discrepancies.

Thanks!

Ruben
    When we set up our monitoring portal it was about a week after the inverter was in production and all of the data prior to the portal being setup was cahed in the inverter memory so when the portal went live the stats were off being that there was existing output figures stored onboard. When the portal went active the numbers didnt match the figures on the inverter because the websiste only started tabulating output figures from the day it went live so the annual kw figures are higher on the website but only for the days the inverter was up and running before the web portal, hope this helps.

Comment

• rubdom
      • Jan 2014

Originally posted by geerad
      When we set up our monitoring portal it was about a week after the inverter was in production and all of the data prior to the portal being setup was cahed in the inverter memory so when the portal went live the stats were off being that there was existing output figures stored onboard. When the portal went active the numbers didnt match the figures on the inverter because the websiste only started tabulating output figures from the day it went live so the annual kw figures are higher on the website but only for the days the inverter was up and running before the web portal, hope this helps.
      Thanks! Not sure that is what it is because the difference is growing everyday. Lifetime is lower than monthly totals. Not sure what is going on.

Comment

Working...