X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paul Land
    Solar Fanatic
    • Nov 2018

Originally posted by J.P.M.

I've been ranting about what a self screwing most (but maybe not all) homeowners who sign these POS leases are giving themselves by virtue of their shortsighted and lazy ignorance for longer than I've been here.

Anyway, they're going to screw themselves regardless of whether you or someone else helps them do it, so why not you make a buck off the situation rather than someone else, right ?
    I think P.T. Barnum said that.

Comment

• J.P.M.
      Solar Fanatic
      • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Paul Land

I think P.T. Barnum said that.
      P.T. said many things, some of them expressing a similar sentiment about the general ignorance and stupidity of the American public to what I wrote, but I couldn't find a quote from him that included any reference to solar leases, So, I don't believe P.T. Barnum said what I wrote.

Comment

• Paul Land
        Solar Fanatic
        • Nov 2018

P.T. said many things, some of them expressing a similar sentiment about the general ignorance and stupidity of the American public to what I wrote, but I couldn't find a quote from him that included any reference to solar leases, So, I don't believe P.T. Barnum said what I wrote.
        "A sucker is born every day" PT barnum

Comment

• sdold
          • Jun 2014

Originally posted by Paul Land

"A sucker is born every day" PT barnum
          I'm pretty sure it was "There's a sucker born every hour"

Comment

• azdave
            • Oct 2014

I've been ranting about what a self screwing most (but maybe not all) homeowners who sign these POS leases are giving themselves...
            So true! Kinda of like leasing a car. No matter how bad the long-term math works out, people still do it and then they wonder later where all their money went. My friends are tired of hearing me try to coach them about making smarter financial decisions (no leasing). I'm tired of hearing them whine about how broke they are when they stop by to show off the new tires and rims on their leased BWM all the while playing with an iPhone 10x (also leased).
            Dave W. Gilbert AZ
            6.63kW grid-tie owner

Comment

• J.P.M.
              Solar Fanatic
              • Aug 2013

Originally posted by sdold

I'm pretty sure it was "There's a sucker born every hour"
              Well, we may have the time increment bracketed. I believe the commonly assigned time unit for that phrase at this period in history anyway, is the minute.

However, while P.T. Barnum said and wrote many things, I come to find out, and contrary to popular opinion and whatever the time period chosen, there is no written evidence that quote can be attributed to P.,T. Barnum.

Comment

• sdold
                • Jun 2014

Well, we may have the time increment bracketed. I believe the commonly assigned time unit for that phrase at this period in history anyway, is the minute.

However, while P.T. Barnum said and wrote many things, I come to find out, and contrary to popular opinion and whatever the time period chosen, there is no written evidence that quote can be attributed to P.,T. Barnum.
                Of course there is, up there in Post #48.

Comment

• NCmountainsOffgrid
                  Solar Fanatic
                  • Dec 2018

....I would simply come to terms with the new 'buyer', and let them know that since they don't 'want' the solar panel system that it will be removed before the closing date.
                  I'll bet you might then get a different response from them - suddenly the solar might start to look like a good addition to the home, potentially saving them monthly utility costs, and since it's 'already installed', why not use it?
                  Yep. Like buying a home where there is a hot tub you didn't really have on your 'needs' list, it might not change the purchase price much, but it'll shore start to look good once you've moved in.

Comment

• ButchDeal
                    Solar Fanatic
                    • Apr 2014

Originally posted by NCmountainsOffgrid
                    ....I would simply come to terms with the new 'buyer', and let them know that since they don't 'want' the solar panel system that it will be removed before the closing date.
                    there are many buyers that would not want the PV system. Worse though the OP will still be on the hook for the lease but also the cost to remove the system.
                    OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

• J.P.M.
                      Solar Fanatic
                      • Aug 2013

Originally posted by sdold

Of course there is, up there in Post #48.
                      Well, #48 may be written but I'd not call that evidence as much as an example of how misinformation gets started.

Comment

Working...