X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Keepsake
    • Sep 2011

xantrex XW4548 - Can't set Clock - cannot use Charge Block feature

I bought the xw4548 a year ago, I also bought an mppt60 and their XanBus interface to config from a PC.

It seems the company sold me this and now refuses to allow me to set the Inverter clock with this configuration box. Xantrex (now Schneider Electric) wants to force me to buy a second config device JUST TO SET THE CLOCK.

Misleading, nothing I can find in manuals or advertising to forewarn me, the buyer about these limitations.

I cannot use the Charge Block feature. It allows the user to charge batteries as needed in the nighttime and prevents charging in the daytime. This is a very normal need for any system.

Please contribute here what your take(s) is/are in the forum. Thanks.

Mod note - very bad idea to put your email out like that.
    Last edited by Keepsake; 11-24-2022, 12:30 PM.
  • russ
    Solar Fanatic
    • Jul 2009

It is fine to post your problems but let us not get started on a rant about the company - very shaky footing for the forum.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• Mike90250
      • May 2009

I've not tried the PC-XanBus interface. I don't understand why it can't set the clock. I have the SCP for my xantrex, I think it has clock settings in it - or in the gateway, will have to look.

What about your local dealer , can they loan you one ?
      Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
      || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
      || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
      gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

• Keepsake
        • Sep 2011

Got this xw4548. It will not qualify on AC2. Works fine on AC1. It is not seeing the frequency and is stuck on 0 Hertz. Even if I reverse line and generator, the genset works fine on AC1, and grid fails to qualify on AC2.
        I am being told its the AC board but my inspection suggests otherwise.
        Has anyone had this issue or repaired it. I am out of warranty.
        Seems to be on the adjacent board or in softeware.

Comment

Working...