Connecting Schneider Conext XW Pro 6848 to SimpliPhi 3.8 Wh batteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecting Schneider Conext XW Pro 6848 to SimpliPhi 3.8 Wh batteries

I am in the midst of installing a Grid-connected PV system with LiFePo for storage. The system has 21 Helene 450watt panels mounted as two arrays on an Iron Ridge ground-mount racking system.

This is an AC-coupled system with two SMA SunnyBoy inverters connected to the solar panels. The SunnyBoys couple with a pair of Schneider Conext XW Pro 6848 inverters that are intended to charge 7 SimpliPhi PHI 3.8 batteries.

There are a couple of issues.

I have found that in order to stop overcharging the batteries when the produced power exceeds the power required to charge the batteries the frequency is shifted. That is the kludge that is used to communicate between the Grid-Tied Inverter (GTI) and the Battery Based Inverter (BBI). Schneider calls this Active Frequency Shift Power Curtailment (AFSPC) while SMA defines this as Frequency-Shift Power Control (FSPC)

Is there a way to verify that the AFSPC and/or FSPC are working? I don't want to shorten my battery life.

The other issue is charging settings on the Conext XW inverters. Simpliphi's recommended settings have missing parameters on the Schneider boxes. If these settings are not right, the battery life is compromised. It looks like if I don't get this right the warranty on the batteries is shortened by as much as 50%. Does anyone have a cheat sheet that describes the battery settings for Schneider charging simpliPhi batteries?

I purchased this as a package from altEstore.com. Now, I am having trouble communicating with them.
    Last edited by calgeorge; 07-27-2021, 10:45 PM.

Why did you not go DC coupled with two MPPT 100/600 HVCCs and a MPPT disconnect RS? I also would have used the Discover LFP Batteries with Xanbus.

In the xw Advanced settings look in Battery management system settings, also in backup mode settings "AC PV charge SOC limit.

Are you also running 1.11 Build 28?

Comment

Working...
    X