Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When will LG Chem RESU 16h batteries be available?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SunEagle View Post

Using batteries when you are on a TOU rate which is high makes sense and has a payback. But to only have batteries when you have no other power source usually causes the batteries to run out or can get very expensive depending on the amount of daily kWh you could use.
    If you are saying that using batteries with no way to charge them, then I would agree it would not make sense. I also agree it depends on the daily kWh you might use. It all depends on where you are standing.
    9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Ampster View Post

If you are saying that using batteries with no way to charge them, then I would agree it would not make sense. I also agree it depends on the daily kWh you might use. It all depends on where you are standing.
      Even having solar panels to charge the battery system may not work out every day due to clouds or smoke. Unless you have a very good plan not to use too many kWh from the battery system each day they will last much longer and for some have a pay back. But for others (like myself) where electricity is about $0.08/kWh even a grid tied system has a very long payback and batteries just do not make financial sense to me. As I have said for others a battery system works provided they understand the limitations on how much they can use each day.

Comment

Working...
      X