Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dala's workshop install (+DIY powerwall incoming)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dala's workshop install (+DIY powerwall incoming)

Beginning copied from another forum;

So I thought that I'd make a thread about this, welcome to follow the journey! My name is Dala, and I run a shop that upgrades old EVs with bigger batteries, chargers etc to keep them on the road for longer. Due to me getting so many lithium battery packs, I thought that I'd get some solar+batteries going at the shop. Fronius is very popular around here, so I will try to create a DIY battery solution for this inverter ecosystem.

So the first thing that is now ongoing, is a 7.2kW solar install, that will be feeding into a Fronius Symo Gen24 5.0kW inverter. I made a video on the installation, will make a follow up once we commission the system and get some data out of it.

Yesterday I got this picture from the energy provider, smart meter that can measure exported kWh is now installed in the main incoming electrical cabinet (for free thankfully!).

Comment

Today is the day. The system is now up'n'running for the first time. I am mesmerized by all the settings and visualizations that the Fronius system comes with, so here's a screenshot of the dashboard.

Now to let it run and collect some data, and we can start on integrating batteries soon

Comment

Originally posted by Dalathegreat
        The system is now up'n'running for the first time. I am mesmerized
        by all the settings and visualizations that the Fronius system comes with
        Hope that Fronius system has a long life. There is nothing to mesmerize about my 2013
        Fronius IG PLUS system. WHAT I LIKE, is it is still doing just fine after 8 years of running
        flat out max clipping 9 hours straight every sunny day, temps from -25F to 95F. Even
        found a brand new spare set (just in case) for a SONG, from someone apparently
        upgrading to a fancier model.

Keeping track of energy flow, direction, and accumulation to date here relies on this
        spinning disk KWH meter, installed when the previous owner built the house, and likely
        to continue past my lifetime. The PoCo gave it to me when installing my Net Meter.
        Bruce Roe

BiDirMtr.JPG

Comment

Originally posted by Dalathegreat View Post
          Now to let it run and collect some data, and we can start on integrating batteries soon
          We had lots of reporting data to entertain us at first from ABB but after 8 years, below is all I really care to see and I check it about once a week. That data is provided for free by my POCO. Pretty boring stuff most weeks except when we reached ROI last summer (Woohoo!). We pay about $100 a year in total to the power company to remain connected to the grid so not bad for a "battery" that never need maintained, replaced or takes up room in my garage.

Good luck on your projects!

ezgif.com-gif-maker (1).gif
          Dave W. Gilbert AZ
          6.63kW grid-tie owner

Comment

Time flies. Seems like just yesterday that we got the panels operational. But 1 month has passed, and it is time to see how many kWh we've generated!

Comment

Time to start adding batteries to the install!

Comment

I just expanded the production with 208% more panels! On a different location, but feels soo good! Huawei SUN2000 10KTL + 15kWp

Comment

Working...
                X