Inverter fault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inverter fault

Up and running finally but have a little issue. Anyone have experience with these inverters
    INVERTER - (2) SolarEdge Technologies SE7600A-USS2RNCY2

one is showing a fault and need help resetting it.
    also batteries not showing any charge?

i think it may be affecting our production. We’re generating 19kwh per day off this system

NEW 10.880kW DC | 7.660kW AC and a existing 2.025kW DC | 15.000kW AC system

new system by Vivent
    PHOTOVOLTAIC SYSTEM SPECIFICATIONS:SYSTEM SIZE - 10.880kW DC | 7.600kW ACMODULE TYPE & AMOUNT - (34) Jinko Solar JKM320M-60HBL WITH 34 SolarEdge P320 OPTIMIZERSMODULE DIMENSIONS - (L/W/H) 66.3"/ 39.45"/ 1.38"INVERTER - (2) SolarEdge Technologies SE7600A-USS2RNCY2 BATTERY - (1) LG CHEM RESU10H WITH 5.000 KW DC I 9.80 kWh PV STORAGE CAPACITYINTERCONNECTION METHOD (GRID-TIED) - LOAD BREAKER

EXISTING system on house
    2.025kW DC | 15.000kW AC
    Last edited by Veger70; 01-20-2021, 08:14 PM.

Originally posted by Veger70 View Post
    Up and running finally but have a little issue. Anyone have experience with these inverters
    INVERTER - (2) SolarEdge Technologies SE7600A-USS2RNCY2

one is showing a fault and need help resetting it.
    also batteries not showing any charge?

i think it may be affecting our production. We’re generating 19kwh per day off this system

NEW 10.880kW DC | 7.660kW AC and a existing 2.025kW DC | 15.000kW AC system

new system by Vivent
    PHOTOVOLTAIC SYSTEM SPECIFICATIONS:SYSTEM SIZE - 10.880kW DC | 7.600kW ACMODULE TYPE & AMOUNT - (34) Jinko Solar JKM320M-60HBL WITH 34 SolarEdge P320 OPTIMIZERSMODULE DIMENSIONS - (L/W/H) 66.3"/ 39.45"/ 1.38"INVERTER - (2) SolarEdge Technologies SE7600A-USS2RNCY2 BATTERY - (1) LG CHEM RESU10H WITH 5.000 KW DC I 9.80 kWh PV STORAGE CAPACITYINTERCONNECTION METHOD (GRID-TIED) - LOAD BREAKER

EXISTING system on house
    2.025kW DC | 15.000kW AC
    What''s the fault code?

Comment

The led light was lit. Would the fault code be displayed on the lcd screen?

Comment

The installer should address it. My wife would just put black electrical tape over the light and say it's fine.
        Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
        || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
        || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
        gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Originally posted by Mike90250 View Post
          The installer should address it. My wife would just put black electrical tape over the light and say it's fine.
          Off topic but I have heard about people using tape over the "check engine" light in their car.

Comment

So you think the panels are all working but we are only generating half the power we need? I realize it’s winter and they may balance out during summer. On the batteries is there a way to check if they are working other than the app?
            The batteries are still not showing charge. ? If familiar with Vivint solar apps once the batteries are showing up how would I use the batteries during peak hours to power the house rather than the grid?
            Last edited by Veger70; 01-21-2021, 01:13 PM.

Comment

The installer should address it.
              I read in another post that you are leasing this system from Vivint. I have no experience with leasing or Vivent in particular, but in a lease agreement you don't own the equipment. And Vivent has their own app to access their system that is on your roof. I'm sure they locked you out of many features that the native SolarEdge app would have had. And I bet there is some statement in the lease agreement that limits the amount of screwing around you can do with their equipment.

Without knowing the inverter fault and SolarEdge's potential solutions to such faults, blindly resetting an inverter is not the best solution.

I agree, the installer should address the fault and fix it. And when they do, you can record the service ticket number, what happened, the fault code and how they fixed it in a notebook next to the inverter when it happens again because you are not going to get the same technical support person from Vivent.

Comment

Originally posted by oregon_phil View Post

I read in another post that you are leasing this system from Vivint. I have no experience with leasing or Vivent in particular, but in a lease agreement you don't own the equipment. And Vivent has their own app to access their system that is on your roof. I'm sure they locked you out of many features that the native SolarEdge app would have had. And I bet there is some statement in the lease agreement that limits the amount of screwing around you can do with their equipment.

Without knowing the inverter fault and SolarEdge's potential solutions to such faults, blindly resetting an inverter is not the best solution.

I agree, the installer should address the fault and fix it. And when they do, you can record the service ticket number, what happened, the fault code and how they fixed it in a notebook next to the inverter when it happens again because you are not going to get the same technical support person from Vivent.
                Thx for the advise. Their advertisements state “using batteries for peak times” so I’ll try to hold them to it. Unfortunately we called them to report the issue 4 or 5 days ago and was told we would get a call the next day. No such thing has happened. Perusing the comments on their site seems like it not an unusual result.would a none Vivint tech even work on our system if we paid him? Not wanting to wait for their tech’s.

Comment

.would a none (Non) Vivint tech even work on our system if we paid him?
                  Veger70, I'm not sure how this would even work since you are leasing the equipment. You aren't the installer or the owner of the equipment so service access is probably very limited. One way to test your limits of access is to call SolarEdge technical support and ask them what kind of access you have to your system. I'm sure SolarEdge has all the appropriate records in their system. SE probably lists Vivent as the owner and installer, but I'm just guessing. I'm thinking of the thousands of homes with Vivent solar leases that get bought and sold. It would be easier from Vivent's perspective not to update the SE database for every sales transaction.

Comment

I have the same StorEdge Inverter and LG Chem battery setup so I'll help if I can.

How does this lease work? What do you get and what does Vivant get in this contract?

Do you have access to SolarEdge monitoring? Can you share the public monitoring link? What tabs are shown at the top (ie Dashboard, Layout)?

The battery backup function for each inverter functions through a backup loads panel. These backup loads are the only loads powered up during an outage. Do you know what is backed up?

There is a black squishy button below where the screen is that turns on the screen and cycles through information. What information does it tell you as you cycle through? Mine gives battery info on the last window before it loops back to the beginning. There is also a battery test you can perform if need be.

Comment

Originally posted by soby View Post
                      I have the same StorEdge Inverter and LG Chem battery setup so I'll help if I can.

How does this lease work? What do you get and what does Vivant get in this contract?

Do you have access to SolarEdge monitoring? Can you share the public monitoring link? What tabs are shown at the top (ie Dashboard, Layout)?

The battery backup function for each inverter functions through a backup loads panel. These backup loads are the only loads powered up during an outage. Do you know what is backed up?

There is a black squishy button below where the screen is that turns on the screen and cycles through information. What information does it tell you as you cycle through? Mine gives battery info on the last window before it loops back to the beginning. There is also a battery test you can perform if need be.
                      I don’t have access to SolarEdge monitoring platform yet.
                      the error code is Battery communication error 3x6b

Comment

I don’t have access to SolarEdge monitoring platform yet.
                        the error code is Battery communication error 3x6b
                        How many batteries and inverters do you have and what is connected to what.

Troubleshooting of that error code can be found on Pg 97 of this pdf: https://www.solaredge.com/sites/defa...de_with_LG.pdf

Is the green ON light visible on the black strip of the battery like this picture? https://greempower.com/wp-content/up...?fac0a6&fac0a6. If not, the battery may be toast. If you are leasing, the owners of this system need to get notified immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by soby View Post

How many batteries and inverters do you have and what is connected to what.

Troubleshooting of that error code can be found on Pg 97 of this pdf: https://www.solaredge.com/sites/defa...de_with_LG.pdf

Is the green ON light visible on the black strip of the battery like this picture? https://greempower.com/wp-content/up...?fac0a6&fac0a6. If not, the battery may be toast. If you are leasing, the owners of this system need to get notified immediately.
                          We have 2 batteries and 2 inverters I believe one battery per inverter.
                          I’ve attached the plans however I believe the installer modified them because originally the plans weren’t attached to the breaker panels so we couldn’t run the house off them. we had them attached the batteries to the downstairs panels.

one battery.has green on indicator and the other is black I’m assuming not powered https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link...625b#pageNum=2

Comment

This may be a really stupid question, but your schematic shows one DC disconnect for each system between the battery and the StoreEdge SE7600A-US. Are both DC disconnects in the same position?

Comment

We have 2 batteries and 2 inverters I believe one battery per inverter.
                              I’ve attached the plans however I believe the installer modified them because originally the plans weren’t attached to the breaker panels so we couldn’t run the house off them. we had them attached the batteries to the downstairs panels.

one battery.has green on indicator and the other is black I’m assuming not powered https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link...625b#pageNum=2
                              Depending on how long the battery without any lights has been unpowered, it may still be salvageable with an LG Chem service visit or it may be a total loss. My original battery was a total loss because my installer let it sit too long in their warehouse and it self-discharged too much. It had to be completely replaced.

Vivant will have to deal with the logistics of the battery troubleshooting/repair.

Since you don't have SolarEdge monitoring, do you have any monitoring? SolarEdge monitoring would tell you if the battery was discharging too much and when it disconnected. You will never have complete control of the battery use but you should have a right to the monitoring to confirm that it is behaving as intended per your lease contract.

Comment

Working...
                              X