Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arizona Public Service production meter rules for Distributed Generation interconnect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arizona Public Service production meter rules for Distributed Generation interconnect

I'm struggling with the issue of how many "production meters" I need for my AC-coupled battery-backup PV system, which will need to be approved by APS.
    They have documents on their website explaining all the requirements, and some sample diagrams illustrating various types of systems, showing where the meters need to go.
    The document I'm referring to is "ESSMeteringIsolationConceptDrawings.PDF".
    Some of them appear to meter the PV-generated power twice, as there are two production meters to go through before it gets to the SES. And then of course the main SES meter after that.
    If the goal is for APS to be able to measure your total renewable energy production (I understand they get some sort of credits for it), I would think one production meter at the output of the PV inverter would be sufficient, even with an ESS. After all, the ESS cannot produce energy over a long time period; it can only give back what is put into it.
    Is there anyone out there who truly understands what APS will be looking for in the diagrams I submit, in terms of these meters?
Working...
X