Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charging question

Hi guys

So one of my inverters died, and while I am waiting for a new one I am wondering if I can connect the now unused battery bank to my working battery bank, giving me a bit more capacity, I have plenty of sun., I am aware this will give more amps, but I am off grid and all fused and protected so I will not overload.
    I guess the question is...is there a limit to how many batteries a charger can handle without damaging the charger? I am aware that the system may not be fully charged.

Thanks
    Best

Klaus

Hello kddk and welcome to Solar Panel Talk

I do not believe a CC can be hurt by trying to charge too many batteries. The opposite may happen. Without enough charging amps all of the batteries will see too little of a charge and may sulfate. Also parallel wired batteries will charge and discharge unevenly which will end up killing off one or more earlier then expected.

Comment

Originally posted by SunEagle View Post
      Hello kddk and welcome to Solar Panel Talk

I do not believe a CC can be hurt by trying to charge too many batteries. The opposite may happen. Without enough charging amps all of the batteries will see too little of a charge and may sulfate. Also parallel wired batteries will charge and discharge unevenly which will end up killing off one or more earlier then expected.
      Thanks for your answer, its what I also thought, just needed a confirmation

Thanks

Klaus

Comment

Working...
      X