• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Veger70
    • May 2020

Originally posted by Ampster

Here is a link.
    https://app.olivineinc.com/i/011/Son...CustomerEnroll

The price has gone up since I got mine for just shipping, handling and tax. For a $650 charging station it is still a good deal. It may be more than you need for the Prius. However the $5 per month gives it a 4 year payback and and more capacity for a future EV. Howerver it would most likely require a bigger receptacle and new circuit to be installed.
    Thx yeah probably don’t need that for the Prius, but as far as mode it still needs final inspection by PG&E so it’s not connected to the grid yet. Originally they had the battery designed to not be connected to the electric panels and only be used by outlets.
    when the electrician was hooking it up he told us that and we had that changed. they are now connected directly to panels so we may be able to load shaved. Will know more once we get connected.

Comment

• Mike90250
      • May 2009

Originally posted by SunEagle

Ok. I guess I am surprised that 2 batteries, each rated only 9.8kWh, will get anyone through an entire day let alone week or more.

Most people with a large home will burn close to 50kWh a day.

I'm off grid and squeak by with an efficient, standard 2400sf house, on about 8kwh daily.

In your case, if the grid goes down, you need to throttle the air cond way back, and cut your loads to the bone. When smoke from wildfires blows in, even light smoke cuts my harvest 50%. I was running my backup generator in the fires of 2018 because my solar was zilch from the smoke, and I was 90 miles north of Santa Rosa.
      Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
      || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
      || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
      gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

• Ampster
        Solar Fanatic
        • Jun 2017

Here is the other thread where the poster talks about his settings. Once your system is up you may be able to pick a different mode.
        I have a StorEdge 7600A inverter & LG RESU battery installed recently. The original installer flaked out at the end of the job, so I've had to fix a few things (and learn a lot along the way). This concerns the installation of a SE Meter. So I purchased the SE meter/enclosure and actually read the installation directions
        9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

• SunEagle
          Super Moderator
          • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Mike90250

I'm off grid and squeak by with an efficient, standard 2400sf house, on about 8kwh daily.

In your case, if the grid goes down, you need to throttle the air cond way back, and cut your loads to the bone. When smoke from wildfires blows in, even light smoke cuts my harvest 50%. I was running my backup generator in the fires of 2018 because my solar was zilch from the smoke, and I was 90 miles north of Santa Rosa.
          I wish I could get back down to below 30kWh per day but with 2 shed AC units and my RV AC it seems my usage had grown a lot since my move. If I turn off any of the AC units I will have temperature issues with the stuff that is inside those sheds and RV.

Comment

• Veger70
            • May 2020

Originally posted by Ampster
            Here is the other thread where the poster talks about his settings. Once your system is up you may be able to pick a different mode.
            https://www.solarpaneltalk.com/forum...-configuration
            Thanks

Comment

• Veger70
              • May 2020

Up and running finally but have a little issue. Anyone have experience with these inverters
              INVERTER - (2) SolarEdge Technologies SE7600A-USS2RNCY2

one is showing a fault and need help resetting it.

i think it may be affecting our production. We’re generating 19kwh per day off thiS system

NEW 10.880kW DC | 7.660kW AC and a existing 2.025kW DC | 15.000kW AC system

Comment

Working...