Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ButchDeal View Post

the graph looks like a miss configured monitoring system

Your inverter has to sense the grid import in order to try to minimise it. Does the inverter NOT have any monitoring on this?
    The Owl does not seem to be capable of reporting correctly.

You need an accurate way to monitor what is going on and to insure that things are configured correctly and working correctly.
    the Sofar inverter does have a clamp sensor on the meter tail. I've had another play with the SolarMan graphs and generated this:
    Screenshot from 2019-05-30 13-44-53.x.png

now, this is interesting because it suggests that the "Ac Output Total Power(Active)" does not include the battery power, because the charge/discharge is non zero when AC Output and Power Grid are zero, and the battery continues to be discharged.

I did discover, and fix, a loose wire on the inverter's cable connector to the clamp sensor, yesterday evening about 20:00, but it doesn't appear to have changed the Power Grid Total Power.

Comment

Originally posted by speculatrix View Post

Actually, my costs are in UK pounds and pence, but it's all relative. My pylontech battery packs came in at roughly 3000, for roughly useable 6kWh capacity.

IF I got, and I know it's a big IF, a full 6000 charge cycles, the value would be
      6 kWh/cycle x 0.15 x 6000 = 5400

but if I only get ten years, 3650, that gives 3285

if I only just break even but in doing so benefit the environment in a useful way, I'm happy.
      wow. At that price it looks like the pylontech equipment beats out most other battery systems like the Powerwall. I hope that equipment will last the ten years for you to get the payback.

Comment

Originally posted by speculatrix View Post

the Sofar inverter does have a clamp sensor on the meter tail. I've had another play with the SolarMan graphs and generated this:
        Screenshot from 2019-05-30 13-44-53.x.png

now, this is interesting because it suggests that the "Ac Output Total Power(Active)" does not include the battery power, because the charge/discharge is non zero when AC Output and Power Grid are zero, and the battery continues to be discharged.

I did discover, and fix, a loose wire on the inverter's cable connector to the clamp sensor, yesterday evening about 20:00, but it doesn't appear to have changed the Power Grid Total Power.
        well it looks like it is doing a good job of trying to keep your grid usage low. It does seem that the loose connection improved the ability of the device to keep the grid usage low as it improved after 20:00

you are likely correct on the ac output as it seems to only be showing from solar. but not showing the total solar as some is being used to charge.
        I would suspect that it has other things like solar input..
        you may have to look at some of the other variables to get a better picture but it seems to be doing a decent job at reducing grid consumption from this graph.
        OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

Originally posted by SunEagle View Post
          wow. At that price it looks like the pylontech equipment beats out most other battery systems like the Powerwall. I hope that equipment will last the ten years for you to get the payback.
          so do I . I've been watching and waiting for the price of storage to fall, and so once it hit the tipping point, went for it. Also, sales tax ("VAT") in the UK on renewable microgeneration installations is going to jump from 5% to 20% after September, which will increase the entire cost of PV + battery very significantly, and delay payback!

the Sofar links to the Pylontech with canbus, and so it knows all the operating params, which is nice.

on the subject of warrranties, yes, you do have to be careful because some have both a longevity/age warranty, and a throughput warranty. I once worked out that a Powerwall has a total throughput warranty which if you totally charged and discharged it every day, your warranty would expire in under 8.5 years. Their warranty terms might have changed now.
          Last edited by speculatrix; 05-30-2019, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X