Sofar hybrid inverter and pylontech batteries

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speculatrix
    replied
    BTW, I expect our batteries to still be useable in 12 years, at which point the cost of replacement will be significantly less, and the entire system will have paid for itself by then, the panels will still have more than half their life left.

Leave a comment:

• speculatrix
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike90250
    > * my battery should be capable of discharging at over 3kW, yet in the evening it only discharges at a few hundred watts, by midnight it's still 50% full!

By midnight and at 50%, infers to me that by dawn, batteries would be 0% and shutting down.

Why do you want to cycle your batteries any deeper ? if it was a rain or cloudy day, you would have no harvest and no battery.

The deeper the discharges, the faster they will wear out. Forget the 10 or 15 year warranty, the company will be long gone by then.
    Sorry, I should explain. After about 11:30 we're all in bed, and the power consumption drops to just a few hundred W (phone chargers and things on standby), and I've been finding that by 7am the next day we still have 50% charge left, and soon after the batteries start charging again (we're in the UK and sunrise is 5am at the moment)!

So instead of running off free* energy, we're paying for grid power in the evening. I want to run off battery as much as possible until it hits the programmed limit of 20% reserved charge.

Screenshot_20190529_000647.png

* ok, I know it's not strictly free because it wears out the battery.

Leave a comment:

• Mike90250
    replied
    > * my battery should be capable of discharging at over 3kW, yet in the evening it only discharges at a few hundred watts, by midnight it's still 50% full!

By midnight and at 50%, infers to me that by dawn, batteries would be 0% and shutting down.

Why do you want to cycle your batteries any deeper ? if it was a rain or cloudy day, you would have no harvest and no battery.

The deeper the discharges, the faster they will wear out. Forget the 10 or 15 year warranty, the company will be long gone by then.

Leave a comment:

• speculatrix
    started a topic Sofar hybrid inverter and pylontech batteries

Sofar hybrid inverter and pylontech batteries

Hi,
    I've recently had a new installation of a Sofar HYD-5000-ES and a pair of Pylontech US3000 batteries.These are fed by 16 x Longi 305W panels, as well as grid power (230 nominal, but actually 243V where I live).

I figured out how to set the Sofar onto my home wifi, so that it sends logs to Solarman. Interestingly, you can register with two different Solarman portals and see different presentations of the same data - home.solarman.cn/main.html and https://www.solarmanpv.com/portal/Te...spx?ac=Private
    The home.solarman.cn has a really nice customisable graph where you can overlay different data sets.

I have a number of questions I hope people can answer:
    * my battery should be capable of discharging at over 3kW, yet in the evening it only discharges at a few hundred watts, by midnight it's still 50% full!
    * does anyone know what the protocol is that SolarmanPV uses? Their servers listen on tcp 10000, and appear to receive a binary blob.

thanks for any thoughts.
    Paul
Working...