Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • weather spotter
    • Jul 2018

New Conext Gateway issue/ Warning & infomation

Got my New Conext Gateway in yesterday. I got it set up and upgraded it today to the latest firmware and found a big bug:

!!!!!! DO NOT attempt a firmware upgrade on an XW+ using the Gateway!!!! It will fail partway through and brick the XW+.

He also said that the upgrade failing is a known issue. It can be a bug in the gateway or even if the computer looses network connection with the Gateway it can crash the firmware update to the device.
    From Eric Benson at Schneider "It appears the Gateway does not have the ability to recover a bricked upgrade." He said I need I need a com box or a config tool to use the boot loader to recover the Xw+. I am hopping that they have one to lone me to fix this issue.

A smaller bug is that there is a miss print in the manual about the IP address for using WIFI to connect to the Gateway, the manual list's it as 191.168.100.1 but the correct address is 192.168.100.1.

As of right now it cannot use WiFi to connect to the internet, the gateway must be hooked up via Ethernet. this is a feature they are working on with a planned firmware update to the Gateway in May and one in June.
  • Mike90250
    • May 2009

Bummer. Where are you located ? I'm in Northern Calif, is that a 1 day driving distance ? i have combox, but will combox un-brick a XW+ or do you need the implanter ?

The general problem is the router loosing power when the inverter switches into standby as the upload begins, and you have to have a power source to run gear during the upload.

Printing the wrong address in the manual is inexcusable.
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

• weather spotter
      • Jul 2018

I'm in Michigan, the Schindler tech is putting me in contact with another Schneider person (Michael Swenson) who "Mike should have a loaner Config Tool or Combox that can assist in recovering a failed upgrade."

im hoping he can send me one.

I am on grid so I just am down back up at this point.

I used the power bypass on the mini PDP before I started this process and I had the gateway powered from a wall outlet as I suspected the Xanbus would go down during the upgrade. Nothing lost power or connection during the process as I watchEd the screen go from 0...1..2..14..16...24% then it errors out. so I think there is a bug in the Combox.

Comment

Working...