Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scottishjohn
    • Sep 2018

the question about resistive heating was just that
    I could not see how it would work --but thought maybe someone maybe had seen this new system before we have it launched next year
    I, m not convinced --the basic physics are not in its favor .
    I won,t be holding up the project for this magic system thats for sure .
    I suspect the amount of tessla power wall battery systems and acres of panels will make it a no go --not until solar PV is cheaper than roofing tiles .LOL

Comment

• scottishjohn
      • Sep 2018

that is the offer thing about evac tubes verus plate panel the heat loss from evac using heat tube in much lass than plate almost nothing
      really down to insulation on the water tube at top of panel ,my old ones were surrounded 2" of pir foam ,more heat loss from transfer pipes
      same for ready made thermal stores --very poor insulation from factory always cheap foam and only 1.5"
      I found that wrapping my heatstore with industrial steam pipe phonelic foam pipe segments dropped heat in the cupboard where it was located by some 15c
      same old thing insulation is the key to getting it right
      bottom line is if you can feel the heat on outside of tank its not insulated enough --it should be at ambient
      how many heating engineer systems have you seen where pipe lagging poor with gaps etc --they use the excuse that its time consuming +the heat will just go into the fabric
      of the building so it being used
      Its a real pain to do i know that ,but maybe once you sure its all leak proof --then spray foam on top of pipe lagging as final layer is the way ,or use proper steam piping insulation
      to start with
      efficiency is about attention to detail
      we see all the people in ICF +sips forums banging on about cold bridges --its the same with your plumbing-
      pipe supports should be outside the insulation layer or spray foamed

Comment

• scottishjohn
        • Sep 2018

mechanical ventialtion look at this which seems a good choice -simple to fit and with filters

Comment

Working...