My 1.04kW AC coupled grid tied array with 20.64kWh battery backup.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cellfreak
    • Oct 2017

My 1.04kW AC coupled grid tied array with 20.64kWh battery backup.

I had 1.04kW grid tied array installed three years ago. It has been doing great. My October power bill $27.37 was the lowest I've had to date.I add AC coupling and a battery bank back in July.
    The array is four Suniva 260 watt panels with Enphase M215 micro inverters. Those are back feed to the critical load panel. Inside I used a Schneider Conect SW4024 inverter. Connected to that are 860Ah of 16 Duracell GC2 6 volt 215Ah golf cart batteries. There are 1/0 welding cable interconnects. I took the critical load panel off grid for 26 hours and was setting at 89% in the battery bank. This was with a low solar output day.
    I had my array installed to offset the charging of my EV cars. I have owned a Chevy Volt, BMW i3 REX and now a 2017 Chevy BOLT EV Premier. I am getting 240 miles to a charge.

Below is a video of my system.

Attached Files
    Last edited by Cellfreak; 10-14-2017, 02:20 AM.
  • solardreamer
    Solar Fanatic
    • May 2015

Originally posted by Cellfreak
    I had 1.04kW grid tied array installed three years ago. It has been doing great. My October power bill $27.37 was the lowest I've had to date.I add AC coupling and a battery bank back in July.
    The array is four Suniva 260 watt panels with Enphase M215 micro inverters. Those are back feed to the critical load panel. Inside I used a Schneider Conect SW4024 inverter. Connected to that are 860Ah of 16 Duracell GC2 6 volt 215Ah golf cart batteries. There are 1/0 welding cable interconnects. I took the critical load panel off grid for 26 hours and was setting at 89% in the battery bank. This was with a low solar output day.
    I had my array installed to offset the charging of my EV cars. I have owned a Chevy Volt, BMW i3 REX and now a 2017 Chevy BOLT EV Premier. I am getting 240 miles to a charge.

Below is a video of my system.

https://youtu.be/P3zZp5AnKcc
    Looks great. Can you share the cost for adding AC coupling? Also, does the system have dump loads?

Comment

Working...