Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have a SolarEdge StorEdge battery interface installed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JSchnee21 View Post
    Why bother with the StoreEdge? Just get a Tesla 2 AC-coupled.
    I'm more interested in DC-coupled systems with generator integration than AC-coupled vaporware.

Comment

Well, given that the Tesla Powerwall 2 is by far the most prevalent and widely installed PV Storage solution in the USA I wouldn't consider it vaporware. But, by all means if you want a hybrid inverter solution from Outback or others, go for it.. But the OP's question was specifically about the feasibility of upgrading his current SE inverter to a StorEdge model. To which, I said, "Why bother." The StorEdge does not support hybrid generator operation, either.

Comment

Originally posted by willow1 View Post
        I have a StorEdge 7600 inverter with LG 10 Chem Resu battery installed in July 2018. The original battery was a dud, and it took nearly 6
        months for LG to own up that it was their problem and not the inverter or electrical installation. Eventually they shipped a replacement and it has been operating fine (backup only) since January 2019.
        Willow,
        I have a similar SE7600 w/ RESU10H setup as you in the works in Massachusetts. My battery never powered up and I am awaiting the arrival of a replacement from LG Chem. How long did it take to get a replacement once they issued the RMA? Did you send your defective one back first?

I am getting some SMART payments for having the battery so I can't use it for backup-only. I have to discharge at least 484kWh (9.3kWh usable capacity X 52) over the course of a year to be eligible for the credit (and it's a big credit). I'm hoping my installer works with me to program the battery to only charge from clipped DC power at the inverter.

Comment

Soby, it took LG a while to send the box for the return. Installer then had to schedule the electrician to remove the old battery, and have it returned. LG only then shipped a new battery, and then only was the installer able to schedule the electrician to install it. Whole process took a few months from what I remember.
          Not sure why your SMART credits for battery are dependent on discharging it. SMART/Eversource did not require this for me.
          Last edited by willow1; 03-06-2020, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by willow1 View Post
            Soby, it took LG a while to send the box for the return. Installer then had to schedule the electrician to remove the old battery, and have it returned. LG only then shipped a new battery, and then only was the installer able to schedule the electrician to install it. Whole process took a few months from what I remember.
            Not sure why your SMART credits for battery are dependent on discharging it. SMART/Eversource did not require this for me.
            Coincidentally, I just got a call from my installer that the replacement battery will be delivered by FedEx on Monday. The battery was removed by my installer on 2/1. I'm not sure when it finally arrived at LG but a 5-week turnaround time isn't unreasonable.

I had assumed that you got your battery with SRECs in 2018 and not SMART in 2019. The only rule anyone ever told me about the battery is that it can only be charged via solar to be eligible for the 30% ITC. I did my own research on SMART and stumbled on this: https://www.mass.gov/doc/energy-stor...923.1493903549

Page 2 has "Operational Requirements" and they state that "The Energy Storage System must discharge at least 52 complete cycle equivalents per year and must remain functional and operational in order for the Solar Tariff Generation Unit to continue to be eligible for the energy storage adder."

Comment

Working...
            X