MPP Solar Hybrid Inverters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MPP Solar Hybrid Inverters?

Does anyone have any experience using the Taiwanese MPP Solar company' hybrid inverters. They look very good on paper and their software looks pretty good too to refine the outputs of the inverter. I am curious as to whether they are as good as say an Aussie Selectronic, or an SMA Sunny Island? Any other brands of hybrid inverter that are good? Need the backup power option.

Also, will a hybrid inverter work if no batteries are connected when the grid goes down during daylight hours - i.e. direct power from Solar Panels?

Thanks

Originally posted by barnabyrees-jones View Post
    Does anyone have any experience using the Taiwanese MPP Solar company' hybrid inverters. They look very good on paper and their software looks pretty good too to refine the outputs of the inverter. I am curious as to whether they are as good as say an Aussie Selectronic, or an SMA Sunny Island? Any other brands of hybrid inverter that are good? Need the backup power option.

Also, will a hybrid inverter work if no batteries are connected when the grid goes down during daylight hours - i.e. direct power from Solar Panels?

Thanks
    Never heard of the company, so no experience to report. With most Chinese (mainland or Taiwan) electronics you should look for a listing by UL or equivalent testing laboratory.
    CE "compliance" if reported is just an assertion by the manufacturer with no testing or enforcement.
    Outback and Schneider (Xantrex) both make reliable, safe, hybrid inverters.

I do not know of any hybrid inverters which will work without either battery or grid.
    The only close exception is the Sunny Boy (not Island) feature called Secure Power Supply (SPS). That will deliver 120V at about 12A on a separate isolated AC outlet of the normally grid tied inverter when the grid is down but the sun is shining brightly on the panels. This is available on the x000-TL-US models.
    SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Working...
    X