Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kingofbanff
    • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Mike90250

The integral controllers in the inverters, are most likely, AC chargers, from your genset. They are not Solar PV MPPT charge controllers.
    Morningstar and Midnight make very good MPPT controllers, Outback also makes MPPT controllers, but I have no experience with them.

You will also need Solar PV combiners, and disconnects and you likely have overbought too many PV panels, and may be able to sell the panels to purchase the charge controllers.
    This is from Outback "The FM80 is the latest innovation in Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) charge controllers from OutBack Power Systems. The FLEXmax 80’s innovative MPPT algorithm is both continuous and active, increasing your renewable energy yield up to 30%. Thanks to enhanced cooling, the FLEXmax 80 can operate at its full 80 amp maximum current rating in ambient temperatures as high as 104°F (40°C).

Included in the FLEXmax 80 are all of the features first developed by OutBack Power in the revolutionary MX60, such as support for a wide range of nominal battery voltages and the ability to step-down a high voltage solar array to recharge a low voltage battery."

My system has three of these.

Comment

• Mike90250
      • May 2009

Originally posted by kingofbanff
      This is from Outback "The FM80 is the latest innovation in Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) charge controllers from OutBack Power Systems. The FLEXmax 80’s innovative MPPT algorithm is both continuous and active, increasing your renewable energy yield up to 30%. Thanks to enhanced cooling, the FLEXmax 80 can operate at its full 80 amp maximum current rating in ambient temperatures as high as 104°F (40°C).

Included in the FLEXmax 80 are all of the features first developed by OutBack Power in the revolutionary MX60, such as support for a wide range of nominal battery voltages and the ability to step-down a high voltage solar array to recharge a low voltage battery."

My system has three of these.
      OK, now there are model #'s. Those will work with PV.
      Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
      || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
      || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
      gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

• kingofbanff
        • Jan 2016

I found this sheet. Am I reading it correctly that the max is C/4? (
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Sunking
          Solar Fanatic
          • Feb 2010

Where are you picking up C/4? All I see is characteristics. I might be overlooking something.
          MSEE, PE

Comment

• kingofbanff
            kingofbanff commented
            Editing a comment
            Oops. Part of my post got cut off. In the bulk charge stage it suggests that the maximum is 25 A per 100 amp hour.
        • Sunking
          Solar Fanatic
          • Feb 2010

Yep, that is C/4
          MSEE, PE

Comment

• kingofbanff
            • Jan 2016

I emailed FullRiver and they confirmed C4 is fine. In fact according to this chart they sent C/3 is the maximum.
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...