X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ben25
    Solar Fanatic
    • Jul 2014

Originally posted by radareclipse
    You are receiving more than you pay out? Usually they credit you at wholesale rates.

That PowerWall seemed like it would be good for a few short hours in an evening when I was checking out the earliest information.
    Yeah, GMP has a pretty sweet net metering plan. That will definitely be changing sometime soon, but I'm locked into that rate for 10 years. Payback on my system is 4 years.
    You can make 7 kWh go pretty far in the evening as long as you're not heating with it.

Comment

• radareclipse
      • Jul 2015

Wow, good for you. That is sweet.

Comment

• rollug
        • Dec 2015

Yeah, never know it's possible. Not in mycountry . So you can now have a gross profit .
        [url]http://easysolar.co/[/url]

Comment

• solarix
          Super Moderator
          • Apr 2015

I'd like to know if the SolarEdge/PowerWall technology is going to provide any grid benefits like voltage regulation, stability improvement, or peak shaving. I can't really see how it is going to make a grid-tied solar system significantly more productive, but if it improves the resilience of the grid to where utilities are helped and allow solar to go to much higher penetration factors - then it will be a very good thing.
          BSEE, R11, NABCEP, Chevy BoltEV, >3000kW installed

Comment

• SunEagle
            Super Moderator
            • Oct 2012

Originally posted by solarix
            I'd like to know if the SolarEdge/PowerWall technology is going to provide any grid benefits like voltage regulation, stability improvement, or peak shaving. I can't really see how it is going to make a grid-tied solar system significantly more productive, but if it improves the resilience of the grid to where utilities are helped and allow solar to go to much higher penetration factors - then it will be a very good thing.
            The chances are that any home energy storage system will not be much help for the grid issues unless the POCO has total control of it's use.

It will help the homeowner to reduce the usage of the grid during peak or high tier energy times as well as provide some power when the grid goes down. But it really can't help control the stability of the grid.

Comment

• rooseanistonn
              • Dec 2015

Hello,

Green mountain power receiving currently like good and perches by all information read. If they are interested in purchasing one of the 500 powerwell batteries the utility has procured. Firstly purchasing the battery without any upfront costs, at a rate of $37.50 a month, which breaks down to $1.25 a day. Green mountain power receiving look at all details-------------

Last edited by SunEagle; 12-30-2015, 03:22 PM. Reason: removed link

Comment

• PVAndy
                Solar Fanatic
                • Aug 2014

Originally posted by solarix
                The SolarEdge inverters in general offer very advanced abilities to be controlled and do things like supply Reactive Power to the grid. They can also be set to export power limit.

The OP may have an issue since SolarEdge which originally announced capability with all SolarEdge inverters has since announced capability with only SE7600 with possible use with other models.

We are currently taking delivery on 2 systems. I'll post an update when we get them installed.

Andy

Comment

• Ben25
                  Solar Fanatic
                  • Jul 2014

Andy,
                  I would be very interested to hear how your installs go. I am hoping that they will make them compatible with the 10k inverter. I suppose I could sell the 10k and get a 7600 and a 3000...

Comment

• Get Powered By Sun
                    • Feb 2016

We could not be more excited about the PowerWall, and we have been experiencing a great deal of enthusiasm from our friends, family, and clients as well. The battery has been enormously popular and, not surprisingly, sold out within ten days of its release - followed by almost $1 billion in RESERVATIONS. Needless to say we are on the reservation list, and so are many whom we know. What’s also exciting is that utility companies are purchasing the Powerpack, so we can look forward to the increased use of solar for commercial and industrial projects. They are also reserving the Powerpack, I think to the tune of circa 25,000 units.

These battery innovations are a giant step forward for the solar industry and, by extension, the reliance on polluting sources of energy production. In our experience, people we know (including customers) are really attracted to the home battery’s ability to do away with battery rooms full of lead-acid batteries, as well as the fact that it’s so compact. Solar panel systems are our profession, but we are really passionate about the health of our planet and transitioning from fossil fuels to renewable energy - with solar being the most abundant source. We’re also big fans of Elon Musk and all his work - electric vehicles, open patents, et cetera. - but obviously solar energy is what inspires us most. Has anyone seen his PowerWall launch on YouTube? In it he offers a visual representation of the amount of land required, when equipped with solar harnessing systems, to power the entire world. That’s the future we’re working toward.

If any of you have been able to acquire the PowerWall, please let us know what you think! The only people we know who have been able to are in Australia. Also, we’ve written an article that covers the PowerWall in a little bit more depth on our website (see our link below).

MOD NOTE: please do not include any links to other solar sites.

Last edited by SunEagle; 02-22-2016, 08:08 PM. Reason: added mod note and removed link
                    Get Powered By Sun

Comment

Working...