No announcement yet.

Advice on getting power 250ft to batteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm as new as new gets to solar energy, and I enjoyed this thread too.
    One thing that stood out in the first post was anything but Midnight Solar.
    Is there a problem with them?
    You guessed it, I own one...

pp4x4

Comment

Originally posted by Pigpen4x4 View Post
      I'm as new as new gets to solar energy, and I enjoyed this thread too.
      One thing that stood out in the first post was anything but Midnight Solar.
      Is there a problem with them?
      You guessed it, I own one... pp4x4
      I own and use both Midnight and Morningstar controllers. Both are good. Both have good points
      Morningstar silent, no fan. Midnight has 3 fans.

I've heard the Schneider 600 is good too. If you have one of the 3, don't cry.

Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
      || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
      || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
      gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Na, No crying, just made me wonder... 😁

Comment

Thanks pellets4fuel. I have done the calculation. The wire can handle it. I am still a bit unsure about wiring up to 16 340 watt, 39 v panels. In series the voltage could exceed the 600 volt charge controller, and it appears, (but I'm not sure) that running 2 strings in series then parallel is not the best. The extra cost to go from 12 to 16 panels, is not much, and I add 25%, which would be a bonus in the winter.
          I am looking at both the 600 v charger controllers but I think it will be morning star. As for the question about midnight solar, I prefer less moving parts whenever possible..

Comment

Working...
          X