I am lost !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am lost !!!!

Well I thought I was pretty smart or at the least not dumb I have read and read and read ,and still can

Hi Waldo and welcome to the forum. The forum truncates messages in certain cases (usually after an apostrophe) when text is copied and pasted from another application like MS Word, or possibly when entering text on certain devices like iphones. Please try again without using these methods, or try not using apostrophes. Those seem to cause the most trouble.

Steve

Comment

Ok will try again

Comment

Ok I have bought all my stuff and started install it won
        Last edited by Waldo1; 08-20-2018, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Help! I am putting in an off grid ysstem with stand alone systems for different buildings. I have two 330 watt PV panel sets, each with it's own controller. I know minimum battery requirements are 12 volt, 55amp hours and I need at least two batteries for each minimum.

Here is question: I found 12 volt, 100 amp hour sealed lead agm batteries. Can I use them and have more battery storage? Or is the extra amp hours just a waste of money? (difference is $50-$80 each battery.)

Thank you so much for assistance!

Comment

Yet, Tara here as a first time poster has apostrophes in this comment. So is the glitch only happening on Iphones? all mobile devices?

BTW Welcome Tara2018, Can you describe your system in a bit more detail? Quantity of panels? controller? type of usage? orientation of panels?
            2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

Originally posted by Tara2018 View Post
              Help! I am putting in an off grid ysstem with stand alone systems for different buildings. I have two 330 watt PV panel sets, each with it's own controller. I know minimum battery requirements are 12 volt, 55amp hours and I need at least two batteries for each minimum.

Here is question: I found 12 volt, 100 amp hour sealed lead agm batteries. Can I use them and have more battery storage? Or is the extra amp hours just a waste of money? (difference is $50-$80 each battery.)

Thank you so much for assistance!
              A 100Ah 12v battery should safely provide you with 300 watt hours daily (100Ah x 12v x .25 = 300wh).

To recharge that battery you should have at least 10amps from that 330watt panel through an efficient CC.

Going with a smaller 55Ah battery will get you maybe 165wh daily which is not very much at all.

Comment

Thank you both!! It's a 330 system from Sams Club with included controller for RV or small applications. I'm using one for an RV (10' x 27') and one for my well pump & deep freezer for the pump house. Thank you! I'll get two 100 amp hours for each

Comment

Working...
                X