No announcement yet.

Starting a new system in the deep Jungle of South America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Though for rain, it's good to tip them slightly so they don't trap water; a degree or two is all it takes.
    Last edited by kb58; 10-11-2017, 06:42 PM.

Comment

The frames will trap water and dirt (mud) and cause hard mineral deposits to build up at minimal tilt. Your optimum, March/September tilt might be best. Do you know your latitude?
      Last edited by littleharbor; 10-11-2017, 07:22 PM.
      2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

My solar tilt app shows at 2.20' degrees latitude for the first day of fall optimum tilt would be 2.9 degrees

Comment

Originally posted by josuemolina2000 View Post
          Yes, that is correct. They seem to not get more than 5 amps each. So having 5 in a row will be 25 amps.
          Will that be ok with the panels? I mean, how many amps can they take in parallel?

This are the specs:
          http://www.posharp.com/i-10012-solar...87166558d.aspx
          josuemolina2000 ,
          Looks OK.
          Last panel will add to the previous 4 PV Panels and send 22.5 amps into main wire pair to the 30A Charge Controller.
          Wire up an Array of 5 PV Panels in parallel then
          let us know if you measure 5 x 4.5 amps = 22.5 Amps Total
          Voltage will be regulated by Battery Bank
          Battery at FLOAT ( at 27 C ) of 13.7 Volts x 22.5 Amps = 308 watts to the Load per array

NOTE:
          Connect the Charge Controller to 12V Battery Bank first, then energize the PV Array connection last..
          Last edited by NEOH; 10-11-2017, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Please I have a question . My solar panel 150 watts is producing 10 voltage instead of 18 volt, what could be the cause of it.I need an answer pls

Comment

Eric, first, welcome to the forum. Second, you would get a better response if you start your own thread in the Solar Beginners category.

My first guess, without knowing anything more about your situation would be that you have your panel connected to a dead battery which is clamping the voltage at the battery's low voltage state.

Please start your own thread and include all the info you can, including specs on the panel, charge controller info and battery type and voltage.

Comment

You are all amazing, this may help . . .
                Last edited by SunEagle; 03-23-2018, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
                  You are all amazing, this may help . . .
                  MOD NOTE: Please do not attach web links without first getting permission.

Comment

Working...
                  X