Panel Production

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panel Production

Is there a general rule of thumb for system generation? I had one installer tell me to expect 1KW per panel per day on average in SoCal.
    Thanks!

Use PVWatts. Premium panels, loss factor of 8-10%.
    CS6P-260P/SE3000 - http://tiny.cc/ed5ozx

Comment

This is where the handwavy term "sun hours", or kWh/kW, comes in. Depending on your climate/location/shading/season, you'll get something like 4.5 kWh per day per kW of panel. But as the man said, use PVWatts for the real answer.

Comment

Originally posted by DanKegel View Post
        This is where the handwavy term "sun hours", or kWh/kW, comes in. Depending on your climate/location/shading/season, you'll get something like 4.5 kWh per day per kW of panel. But as the man said, use PVWatts for the real answer.
        Or at least a better dart throw. Read the help/info screens before using. The units of that anachronistic term "sun-hours" might perhaps be more accurate if described as "kWh/((m^2)*(day)), with the caveat that it applies to a horizontal orientation.

Comment

Originally posted by jetsurgn View Post
          Is there a general rule of thumb for system generation? I had one installer tell me to expect 1KW per panel per day on average in SoCal.
          Thanks!
          If you change that to " 1 KWHour per 250 W panel", you will at least be in the right ball park. Bruce Roe

Comment

Working...
          X