on grid inverter to hybrid solar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• on grid inverter to hybrid solar

good evening, pls i need assistant with calculation on what to use for my solar set up.
    am using inverter before but i wish to convert to solar, i used 4bedrooms,
    d load i normally use is as follows:
    4 * FANS
    2 * TV
    5 * 7 BULBS (18WATT EACH)
    1 * FRIDGE

4 * 12V/200AH BATTERY
    3.5 KVA 48V INVERTER

Wish to increase d battery to 8 (12V/200AH), Also to get 5KVA INVERTER.
    Pls how many solar panel will i need to get and it capacity?
    what other thing ll i need to get also?
    sun do shine for average of 7 hours here.
    thanks

Hello jackson and welcome to Solar Panel Talk

I am sure someone will be able to help you but first you need to provide more information concerning your electrical loads.

Fans - how many watts do they use and how long will they run a day?
    TV - how many watts do they use and how long will they run a day?
    Bulbs - 18 watt each. How long will they be on a day?
    Fridge - how many watts do they use and how long will they run a day?

Without that information or at least a really good guess on your daily watt hour usage it will be hard to tell what size battery system is needed and how many panel watts you need. That is also dependent on where you live and what your lowest insolation hours you get all year round.

Comment

Thanks Moderator,

FAN 60W FOR 14HRS PER DAY * 4
      TV 150W FOR 14HR PER DAY * 2
      BULBS 10HRS PER DAY * 7
      FRIDGE 170W 24HOURS * 1
      WASHING MACHINE 500W 2HRS TOP
      PRESSING IRON 1200W 1HR TOP

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by jackson View Post
        Thanks Moderator,

FAN 60W FOR 14HRS PER DAY * 4
        TV 150W FOR 14HR PER DAY * 2
        BULBS 10HRS PER DAY * 7
        FRIDGE 170W 24HOURS * 1
        WASHING MACHINE 500W 2HRS TOP
        PRESSING IRON 1200W 1HR TOP

Thanks!
        That is a very heavy load!
        I hope that most of the biggies, like the pressing iron and the fridge actually cycle on and off and us less energy.
        Using a watt-hour meter would be very helpful.
        SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

moving into these large loads, I'd recommend that you go to a 48V battery system. Less amps in the wires, still the same watt-hour capacity.
          Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
          || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
          || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
          gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Good morning!

Thanks for ur comments, a friends sent me some solar stuff but am left with d combinations, i ve calculated my consumption per day

MY DAILY CONSUMPTION IS 10,000WH

PV 250W * 12

BATTERY 12V,200AH * 12

INVERTER 3.5KV,48V

SOLAR CHARGE CONTROLLER 12V,24V,48V. 60A. 96VOM

can i connect 6 PV in parallel in two places ,then join them in series? also batteries, 4 in series in three places and join them together in parallel? how long will it take to fully charge d batteries and will d charger and battery be ok for my consumption.

thanks!

Comment

You do know any power from the batteries is going to cost you a whole lot more than the utility charges you? That means you wil be paying a lot more for electricity. Is that what you want?

There is no way the batteries you mention is capable of supplying your loads. At 10 Kwh per day would need to be 48 volt 1050 AH weighing some 3000 pounds and costing you $10,000 today, and even more in few years when you replace them.
              Last edited by Sunking; 04-29-2016, 03:06 PM.
              MSEE, PE

Comment

Pls, how many of the mentioned battery i ll need 4 back up? can 12 PV powered d batteries? also d solar controller ( MPPT) be compartable? note: average sunlight is 7 hours per day.

Thanks!

Comment

Evening!
                  Pls i need help with this:

How long will it take 12 pv of 250w to fully charge 8 batteries of 12v,2ooah. Considering 5 hrs of sunshine during the season.

Comment

How long will it take 12 pv of 250w to fully charge 8 batteries of 12v,2ooah.
                    You have 3000 watts of solar. You have 19200 watt-hours of battery.

If the batteries are completely dead (unlikely) then you will take ~7 hours ideally. In a more realistic scenario (getting 75% of rated power from the panels) it will take ~9 hours. That's 2 days in a location that has 5 hours/day of equivalent full sun.

Comment

Evening!
                      Pls i need help with this:

How long will it take 12 pv of 250w to fully charge 8 batteries of 12v,2ooah. Considering 5 hrs of sunshine during the season.
                      There is no help for you. It will not work. You are asking for the impossible.
                      MSEE, PE

Comment

Working...
                      X