No announcement yet.

TOU revenue calculator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any tips for simplified approaches for estimating the impact of TOU rate/period changes on PG&E? With baseline + tiers complicating the matter? Or to quantify the error margin a bit? A straight revenue based approach tells me something, but not sure how off when how my baseline is allocated is affected so much by usage.

Comment

Originally posted by ltbighorn View Post
      Any tips for simplified approaches for estimating the impact of TOU rate/period changes on PG&E? With baseline + tiers complicating the matter? Or to quantify the error margin a bit? A straight revenue based approach tells me something, but not sure how off when how my baseline is allocated is affected so much by usage.
      Take this for what it's worth: From my experience, the only way to get close to accuracy in a $$ estimate based on usage is to understand and duplicate the rate tariff you will be using with a spreadsheet or other tools. Small calculation errors often produce large bottom line errors. I have not found a simple way to get reasonable accuracy. Most tools from models and others (vendors) are inaccurate, either in method or are out of date.

Comment

Originally posted by ltbighorn View Post
        Are you looking at E-6? There was a detailed breakdown of how PG&E portions out the baseline allocation into the TOU periods in this post, with a few more examples later in the thread:

https://www.solarpaneltalk.com/forum...754#post122754

It was complicated enough that I didn't try to adapt other TOU calculators I had built, but I'd 2nd J.P.M.'s suggestion to put in the effort if you want an accurate calculation.
        CS6P-260P/SE3000 - http://tiny.cc/ed5ozx

Comment

Working...
        X