X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • solzone
    • May 2011

Chinese solar panels

Hello everyone!

I went to InterSolar Expo in Munich that was held there about two months ago. It was a great expirience nad I've seen many interesting stuff there. One of the things I noticed is that 50% of all exhibitors were chinese companies. I wanted to ask if anyone had any expirience with chinese solar panels? They have good prices and great efficiency rate but I'm little suspicious on the quality of those PV modules. Also, I've collected many brochures and info so if anyone is interested in something particualr(PV modules from a certain company, inverters, etc.) can send me a message and I'll send all the data I have.

Keep on walking on sunshine...
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. "
  • russ
    Solar Fanatic
    • Jul 2009

Do you have any idea how much of the worlds goods are produced in China today?

Every major company has goods manufactured there.

There are top flight companies there - you do need to stay with the big names though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• solzone
      • May 2011

I know that 90% of PV panels are produced there but Im asking about true chinese companies that are producing modules. Because I have heard many criticism about their modules and I just wanted to see if someone on this forum has ever tried anything from theri companies.
      "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. "

Comment

• s.xavier
        Solar Fanatic
        • Aug 2011

Originally posted by solzone
        I know that 90% of PV panels are produced there but Im asking about true chinese companies that are producing modules. Because I have heard many criticism about their modules and I just wanted to see if someone on this forum has ever tried anything from theri companies.
        companies like Trina Solar, Canadian Solar, SunTech, YingLi make some good modules with different prices. They are more well known inside the PV world and have several large projects under their belt... You can easily find information on those companies but if yah want something 100% trouble free in modules that doesn't exist....

Problems will arise regardless of the manufacturer so as long as the company supports the product and is credible you're good to go. And as always, you can always call them to get a feel for them. Only a phone call away

Comment

• squerly
          • Aug 2011

Originally posted by russ
          Do you have any idea how much of the worlds goods are produced in China today?

Every major company has goods manufactured there.

There are top flight companies there - you do need to stay with the big names though.
          While this is true, it is certainly no guarantee that the panels you buy are worth a flip. I'm so tired of buying crap from China that only works one time, or for a limited amount of time at best. Got a whole garage of Chinese junk so as you can guess... I'm not a fan.
          Squerly ~

Comment

• russ
            Solar Fanatic
            • Jul 2009

Originally posted by squerly
            While this is true, it is certainly no guarantee that the panels you buy are worth a flip. I'm so tired of buying crap from China that only works one time, or for a limited amount of time at best. Got a whole garage of Chinese junk so as you can guess... I'm not a fan.
            Buy cheap junk and you get cheap junk.

Buy quality goods, from wherever, you have to pay more but normally get more.

Like the old saying, 'You get what you pay for'.
            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• squerly
              • Aug 2011

Originally posted by russ
              Buy cheap junk and you get cheap junk.

Buy quality goods, from wherever, you have to pay more but normally get more.

Like the old saying, 'You get what you pay for'.
              Don't I wish that were the case Russ. I've always bought top quality goods, but just because you spend more doesn't necessarly mean your going to get what you want. Might just be a better quality of crap.
              Squerly ~

Comment

• s.xavier
                Solar Fanatic
                • Aug 2011

Originally posted by squerly
                Don't I wish that were the case Russ. I've always bought top quality goods, but just because you spend more doesn't necessarly mean your going to get what you want. Might just be a better quality of crap.
                i hear yah... always a crap shoot when buying anything out there... i stick with credible companies and small companies that stand behind their products.

but then again, consumers are now all focused on price rather than quality and long term usability... we all do it so just more collateral damage... takes two to tango

Comment

• KRenn
                  Solar Fanatic
                  • Dec 2010

I like Suntech. Their new PLUTO series is huge value for a small price. Its similar to Kia and Hyundai
                  offering lower-priced versions of traditionally more expensive cars. High-efficiency modules with
                  terrific specs, I'm a very big fan!

Comment

• ranss5
                    • Aug 2011

Buy USA panels, it migth help a USA worker keep a job.

Please consider buying USA made Panels, it might help keep a USA worker employed. I have SolarWorld SW245 panels and ther are great. Made in California, USA.

Comment

• dogsbody
                      • Aug 2011

As an investor in a company based in China, called Renesolar, about 90 % of the world's wafers are made in China.

You see them offered on Ebay ( often rejects). So who makes their own wafers in the rest of the world?

Comment

• Mike90250
                        • May 2009

Originally posted by dogsbody
                        As an investor in a company based in China, called Renesolar, about 90 % of the world's wafers are made in China.

You see them offered on Ebay ( often rejects). So who makes their own wafers in the rest of the world?
                        Evergreen (till they move to china or go broke, or both)
                        Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
                        || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
                        || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
                        gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Working...