Yesterday, my Tesla app showed a complete loss of power generated from about noon on. It's working fine now. When I called Tesla tech support, they suggested the problem is probably in my Sunny Boy SB6000US inverter. I'm not aware of this happening in the past. Is there a way to diagnose potential issues with my inverter?
Try our solar cost and savings calculator
How to diagnose a potential inverter issue
Collapse
X
-
-
Now it looks like I'm losing energy generation for 2-3 hours a day. There are no messages. What could be the problem, and how do I fix it?
-
I believe I've found the problem. I hung shade cloth in front of the inverter, and it didn't cut out. I also noticed I'm not hearing the fans running. I understand the fans can be replaced, but I can't find a part number or source for the SB6000US. Can anyone help with this? Also, please share the voltage and whether it is AC or DC, so I can test the fans.Last edited by Actonite; Today, 05:52 PM.Comment
-
I found the 2 fans on the bottom of the inverter, but I can't figure out how to remove them. I have the 2 fans from my deceased SB6000 that I might be able to jury rig into my SB6000US.Comment
Copyright © 2014 SolarReviews All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 6.1.3
Copyright © 2026 MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All rights reserved.
Copyright © 2026 MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. All rights reserved.
All times are GMT-5. This page was generated at 09:21 PM.
Comment