behind, the reason is probably a fault. Bruce Roe
      Hi All,

Love ya work Bruce, cant be said no better than that I reckon, cheers

Comment

• GoingElectric
        Solar Fanatic
        • Jun 2022

Originally posted by J.P.M.
        As for initial install justification I'd agree that's a bigger discussion but not a separate one.
        Here's my thinking FWIW: One big item I hear and read about all the time as a justification for micros or optimizers is that they are a way to deal with system shading. My reply to that is that if shading is a problem, the array is either in the wrong place or the site is not economically or practically suitable for a PV application in the first place, but the potential owners are ignorant of the practical or economic reasons why and got duped by peddlers, their media shills or their own keep up with the Jones herd mentality.
        If the bottom-line reason for getting residential PV is to reduce an electric bill, IMO only, of those 175 installs I mentioned most owners would have been money ahead if they'd skipped the PV entirely or at least until some serious conservation efforts happened before any solar generation was added.
        Micros and optimizers, among other not so nice characteristics I've mentioned, also make a peddler's job of selling a bad application and B.S.ing customers easier by telling their marks that micros and optimizers are a quick and easy solution to a poor application due to a shading problem.
        Completely agree with you there is more value in reducing consumption and selecting a provide that is 100% renewable.
        And peoples ignorance being preyed on with a wasteful install that in long run is not only more expensive by could actually be worse for environment (more effort to maintain a poor system).

Not just "buyer beware", its "customer college" (being educated).

Comment

Working...