Xantrex freedom EX4000,wire 220V?Any thing special to do?Any experience with these?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patdufo1
    • Jun 2018

Xantrex freedom EX4000,wire 220V?Any thing special to do?Any experience with these?

Ok,picked up a pair(heavy MO-FO) and I want to run in parallel for 220v into my main pannel?I think that I need to run an ethernet cable between the 2?One leg from each to pannel?Do I have to have the display to set up?I have a USB to RS425 cable from my eppever 60amp charge controller will that work with software on windows computer?Are the ethernet terminators important?I called xantrex he said that I didnt need to download and usb flash the unit for parallel operation but the manual says I do?I have installed many inverters but(worked in car audio for years so very good with DC side)none this complicated,also I am using this with 48v generac battery packs which is usually in there cabinets but I am using like regular bateries,do you think that the com port on the batteries and the inverter will comunicate?Any experience with this would be helpfull (last inverter was the 6000 watt aims inverter charger but 24v)
  • littleharbor2
    Solar Fanatic
    • Jan 2016

Found this online No mention of additional flashing or parts.

Split-phase Inverter capability In Battery (or Inverter) Mode, a single Freedom EX 4000 can only produce a single phase 60Hz 120V AC output voltage configurable between 105 and 130 volts. For installations that require 60Hz 240V AC output voltage in Battery (or Inverter) Mode, two Freedom EX 4000 inverter units are required. The AC output voltage setting of the stacked pair can be configured between 210 and 260 volts.

Here's the manual.

Xantrex | Freedom EX 4000 Owners Guide - English
    2 Kw PV Classic 200, Trace SW 4024 460ah,

Comment

Working...