Powering meter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powering meter?

I have trackers with circuit breakers for the motors in the “combiner panel”. The Panel contains breakers for the inverters and one to isolate the whole panel. Is it ok to power an output meter from this panel or should the power come from a breaker on the main panel?

Originally posted by FogHill View Post
    I have trackers with circuit breakers for the motors in the “combiner panel”. The Panel contains breakers for the inverters and one to isolate the whole panel. Is it ok to power an output meter from this panel or should the power come from a breaker on the main panel?
    If I understand you correctly the combiner panel is a subpanel and if you have room for another breaker you can add a circuit for the meter power. If the panel contains breakers for the inverters and the motors it most likely is a subpanel served by a larger breaker at your main panel, By code the inverters and possibly the motors have to be hard wired and on their own breakers. I have seen many ground mount installations with a receptacle for auxiliary uses. Follow the code as far as using a GFCI outlet.
    9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

Thanks for that answer. I was able to set up the meter but realized there may be a better way.
      New approach: add a second internal production RGM instead of another external meter?

Setup: Two StoreEdge inverters, Leader with an inactive internal RGM production meter ID=1, and current website portal monitoring using one external Import-Export meter ID=2.

Goal: add RGM to the one Follower inverter and use both internal RGMs for automatic production reporting.

Question 1: can all three meters be selectively monitored on the web portal?
      Question 2: does the second internal RGM need a unique system wide bus ID or can each inverters
      have its own internal RGM with ID=1?

Comment

Working...
      X