Enphase micro inverter products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enphase micro inverter products

I looked for a post about Enphase micro inverters, could not find one.

Enphase has 15 different MI, Why and what if important to look at? (I do see a few say in name 240V another 208V, for 2 and 3 phase I guess)

This IQ8M seems to be recently released, and an IQ8H is coming soon.

Nice to see that the IQ8 is now available in the US

Comment

Originally posted by GoingElectric View Post
      I looked for a post about Enphase micro inverters, could not find one.
      Enphase has 15 different MI[/URL], Why and what if important to look at? ........
      Enphase has a table to help match the solar panel specs to to the optimal micro. It is important to not exceed Voltage and current specs of the panel for the micro model chosen.. It is okay to exceed Wattage specs.
      Last edited by Ampster; 06-26-2022, 02:42 PM.
      9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

The problem with microinverters is their 25 year warranty does not include replacement labor. As they fail one at a time, someone is going to have to pay to do the replacement one at a time....
        BSEE, R11, NABCEP, Chevy BoltEV, >3000kW installed

Comment

Originally posted by Ampster View Post

Enphase has a table to help match the solar panel specs to to the optimal micro. It is important to not exceed Voltage and current specs of the panel for the micro model chosen.. It is okay to exceed Wattage specs.
          Since watts equals volts X amps how is this possible?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike 134 View Post

Since watts equals volts X amps how is this possible?
            The Wattage spec is the inverter max output. It is not the maximum Wattage panel that can be connected. DC panel Wattage can exceed inverter max but voltage definitely should NOT exceed spec of the inverter. One would have to look at the Enphase table to see the specifics. Some times max Amperage is not specified. Since the inverter pulls the optimum mix from panel it is important not to exceed voltage max of panel. Amperage may vary based on MPPT algorithm optimizing Watts to inverter capacity.
            For example, you cannot use a micro designed for voltage of a 60 cell panel with a 72 or 96 cell panel.
            Last edited by Ampster; 06-27-2022, 11:09 AM.
            9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

Working...
            X