Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lmessler
    • Jun 2022

Sunpower PVS6 monitoring system

Has anyone experienced a recent failure with a Sunpower PVS6 monitoring system? I can’t determine if it’s a firmware issue or something else. My original installer is now out of business and it’s increasingly difficult to locate a certified Sunpower dealer in my area (South Florida). Also at the same time, my Tesla gateway battery back up App isn’t monitoring data either. I’ve reset both systems to no avail. Any thoughts?
  • Lmessler
    • Jun 2022

Update- it appears that cellular companies (AT&T / Verizon) are no longer broadcasting in 3G which is what my Tesla powerwall system & App were connected to.
    All troubleshooting has been attempted to no avail.

Comment

• SunEagle
      Super Moderator
      • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Lmessler
      Update- it appears that cellular companies (AT&T / Verizon) are no longer broadcasting in 3G which is what my Tesla powerwall system & App were connected to.
      All troubleshooting has been attempted to no avail.
      I understand a number of older vehicles that had OnStar (or something like that) are no longer working due to the removal of the 3G networks.

Comment

• Ampster
        Solar Fanatic
        • Jun 2017

I sold a home 18 months ago that had a Sunpower system on it. Apparently the new owner did not put the monitoring in their name or connect to WiFi. When 3G quit, the installer called me. I had always used Wifi but the system must have reverted to 3G when we left and remained on that until 3G dropped.
        9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

• AmitBajpayee
          Banned
          • Jun 2017

Best way to troubleshoot such problems is that you have to regularly check the performance of the batteries. Keeping the batteries under regular maintenance check is equally important.

Comment

• SunEagle
            Super Moderator
            • Oct 2012

Originally posted by AmitBajpayee
            Best way to troubleshoot such problems is that you have to regularly check the performance of the batteries. Keeping the batteries under regular maintenance check is equally important.
            This post seems to not be related to the original question concerning SunPower system monitoring. Please be advised that I will be watching your posts to make sure you are not a bot of some kind.

Comment

• Kev
              • Jul 2015

Originally posted by SunEagle

This post seems to not be related to the original question concerning SunPower system monitoring. Please be advised that I will be watching your posts to make sure you are not a bot of some kind.
              So what part of answering the second question of the original post leads you to suspect a bot? (Also at the same time, my Tesla gateway battery back up App isn’t monitoring data either. I’ve reset both systems to no avail. Any thoughts?)

Comment

• SunEagle
                Super Moderator
                • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Kev

So what part of answering the second question of the original post leads you to suspect a bot? (Also at the same time, my Tesla gateway battery back up App isn’t monitoring data either. I’ve reset both systems to no avail. Any thoughts?)
                The poster was mentioning monitoring batteries which is expectant of all systems and really doesn't need to be mentioned. I did not see any good information coming from AmitBajpayee who is in another country so I questioned if the poster was real or a Bot of some kind which we have gotten similar posts from other "off shore" members in the past.

And finally another member Flagged that post as being suspect of being a Bot so I responded. If they aren't a Bot they will tell me and I will apologize.

As for losing communication from your battery app, I really can't say what the issue is but have heard of systems and software communications going off line in the past. Sometimes the reason is a major system failure tied to the app and sometimes the monitoring people just shut down a non profit operation.
                Last edited by SunEagle; 07-13-2022, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Working...