Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OffGridGlocker
    • Apr 2022

Panel mixing

So I have a 6 string combiner box and 6 210W 24V solar panels and 4 295W 24V panels. The plan was to run the 210W panels in 2 strings to the combiner box and the 295W panels as 2 separate strings to the combiner. Will this create an issue? Or is this an okay set up? What are potential pitfalls I might be facing?
  • bcroe
    Solar Fanatic
    • Jan 2012

If your combiner box has only one output, the number of 24V panels in series
    in each string needs to be the same. Similar current panels should be used
    in series. Possibly 2 panels in series for every string could work. Bruce Roe

Comment

• foggysail
      Solar Fanatic
      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by bcroe
      If your combiner box has only one output, the number of 24V panels in series
      in each string needs to be the same. Similar current panels should be used
      in series. Possibly 2 panels in series for every string could work. Bruce Roe
      YEAH!!!! And I remember the MPvp on 24V panels to be around 18VDC. So one is pushing currents through wires that really need to be analyzed for losses! Should calculate the voltage drops in the 24V distribution wiring. Best approach IMHO is to put the panels in series IF the converter can operate at the higher volt.

Comment

Working...