Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help finding out who make the Cabinets on DC Solar Trailers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help finding out who make the Cabinets on DC Solar Trailers.

Hi I am new here and am in the planning stages of setting up a PV system.
    I came across a post with these cabinets and two of them would suit my project perfectly.
    I cannot find who makes them so I decided to see if anybody here knows who supplies them or has any for sale.
    Sorry for borrowing another members photo but it's the clearest shot I have seen.

Solarpanel case.jpg

Wall Mount Cabinets | Zoro.com

there are tons of places that make similar wall metal cabinets, see above link.

Comment

Originally posted by khanh dam View Post
      Wall Mount Cabinets | Zoro.com

there are tons of places that make similar wall metal cabinets, see above link.
      Thanks, but all of those cabinets max out at about 36" wide and none have the cooling fans or outdoor weather ratings.

Comment

Originally posted by robbyg View Post

Thanks, but all of those cabinets max out at about 36" wide and none have the cooling fans or outdoor weather ratings.
        Have you tried some of the electrical panel manufacturers? They have to produce NEMA3R and 4 type cabinets that have to experience all types of weather (hot,cold,dry & wet)

Comment

Originally posted by SunEagle View Post

Have you tried some of the electrical panel manufacturers? They have to produce NEMA3R and 4 type cabinets that have to experience all types of weather (hot,cold,dry & wet)
          Yes, but I dont see anything quite like that one or even slightly bigger, they seem to jump from small <= 36" up to huge expensive sizes with nothing in between.

Comment

well those are your options either pay through the nose for something custom, or modify a mass produced item to make it fit your needs for less money. DC was a scam company, they got them custom made to fund their ponzi scheme.

Comment

Originally posted by khanh dam View Post
              well those are your options either pay through the nose for something custom, or modify a mass produced item to make it fit your needs for less money. DC was a scam company, they got them custom made to fund their ponzi scheme.
              With several thousand of those trailers floating around I wonder if anybody is selling the electrical boxes.

Comment

lol they claimed several thousand were made I think they had a couple hundred at best.

Comment

I think someone messaged me but I don't have access to the messages. Not sure if it's because I don't have a sufficient amount of posts yet?

Comment

I think someone messaged me but I don't have access to the messages. Not sure if it's because I don't have a sufficient amount of posts yet?
                    Private messaging has been turned off on this forum to keep the spamming down.

Comment

you can enable it under settings.

MOD NOTE: if you don't like what happens here then why do you post?
                      Last edited by SunEagle; 04-10-2021, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Hi I am new here and am in the planning stages of setting up a PV system.
                        I came across a post with these cabinets and two of them would suit my project perfectly.
                        I cannot find who makes them so I decided to see if anybody here knows who supplies them or has any for sale.
                        Sorry for borrowing another members photo but it's the clearest shot I have seen.
                        Yes, but I don't see anything quite like that one or even slightly bigger, they seem to jump from small <= 36" up to huge expensive sizes with nothing in between.
                        It is unclear to me what height, width and depth cabinet you are trying to find. What other features are must haves? SunEagle brought up NEMA rating. What rated NEMA cabinet are you trying to find?

Comment

Originally posted by oregon_phil View Post

It is unclear to me what height, width and depth cabinet you are trying to find. What other features are must haves? SunEagle brought up NEMA rating. What rated NEMA cabinet are you trying to find?

I was trying to find something like the size of the one in the photo that can hold a Sunny Island and a Sunny boy plus a few other small items.
                          And a second one to hold LIon batteries.

Comment

Finding a cabinet to house an SMA sunny island and SMA inverter in the same cabinet is a different problem than trying to find a DC solar cabinet. SMA has very specific clearances for mounting each device in open air applications (reference the on line manual). There is nothing referenced in the manual about internal cabinet mounting even with fans. The SMA inverter is basically one large vertical finned heatsink with electronics attached to it. Using my Seek thermal imager, I can see the plume of heat coming off of the SMA inverter for 20 feet inside my pole barn. Even then, the inverter is very warm to the touch in the summer. A call to SMA america would be in order to see what they recommend for internal cabinet mounting.

Comment

Originally posted by oregon_phil View Post
                              Finding a cabinet to house an SMA sunny island and SMA inverter in the same cabinet is a different problem than trying to find a DC solar cabinet. SMA has very specific clearances for mounting each device in open air applications (reference the on line manual). There is nothing referenced in the manual about internal cabinet mounting even with fans. The SMA inverter is basically one large vertical finned heatsink with electronics attached to it. Using my Seek thermal imager, I can see the plume of heat coming off of the SMA inverter for 20 feet inside my pole barn. Even then, the inverter is very warm to the touch in the summer. A call to SMA america would be in order to see what they recommend for internal cabinet mounting.
                              Ok thanks, I am beginning to think that it's probably better to just make an outdoor room for these that has proper ventilation.

Comment

Working...
                              X