Backup interface differences BI-NUSGN-01 vs BI-EUSGN-01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backup interface differences BI-NUSGN-01 vs BI-EUSGN-01

Was hoping someone could tell me in layman terms what the differences between these 2 interfaces are.
    When looking at the specs from solaredge the difference listed are- one says 200 Current Rated Breaker Circuit Main AC Side Service and 10k Current Interrupt Breaker Circuit Main AC Side Service. The other says N/A for both.

Not sure how much my system would have to do with these, but 24,000Kw system solar edge SE-7600H and SE-11400H inverters, 2 LG Chem RESU10H batteries.

Comment

Originally posted by swe13 View Post
      Not sure how much my system would have to do with these, but 24,000Kw system solar edge SE-7600H and SE-11400H inverters, 2 LG Chem RESU10H batteries.
      I bet that's not a 24,000 kW system.

Comment

Originally posted by J.P.M. View Post

I bet that's not a 24,000 kW system.
        Ha, 24,000w 24 kw. Thanks for pointing out the typo, but if you had any input on the original question, it would be better appreciated.
        Last edited by swe13; 01-20-2021, 01:38 AM.

Comment

The whole difference is in power.

Comment

Hello, Sorry for jumping in here... am I being a moron??? how do I create a new thread ffs

Comment

Originally posted by swe13 View Post

Ha, 24,000w 24 kw. Thanks for pointing out the typo, but if you had any input on the original question, it would be better appreciated.
              I am guessing the inverter with the connection info is the SE-7600. What that is telling you is that you will need a main panel that is rated 200amps and the circuit breakers need to have a 10k short circuit interrupting rating which is the type of circuit breaker that you would use to make the connection in the main panel.

I do not know why there isn't any data for the SE-11400 inverter. But since it can deliver 47.5 amps (11400w / 240v = 47.5amps) that exceeds what you can connect to a 200amp main panel.

With your total panel and inverter wattage at such a high amount I would say you really need an electrical design for your system that the POCO and AHJ will approve. Performing a DIY without the knowledge of electrical wiring can be a show stopper.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason9999 View Post
                Hello, Sorry for jumping in here... am I being a moron??? how do I create a new thread ffs
                If you click on the "Forums" button at the top left and the click on a specific forum topic below you should see another button that states "new topic". Click on that button and you should be able to create a new thread.

Oh by the way. Welcome to Solar Panel Talk

Comment

Originally posted by LouisStewart View Post
                  The whole difference is in power.
                  First off, Welcome to Solar Panel Talk

Next, what do you mean by the difference is in power. The OP is asking why one inverter has connection data and the other does not. Sure they have different power ratings but both do not have the power panel connection info.

Comment

Originally posted by SunEagle View Post

If you click on the "Forums" button at the top left and the click on a specific forum topic below you should see another button that states "new topic". Click on that button and you should be able to create a new thread.

Oh by the way. Welcome to Solar Panel Talk
                    That's great thanks, I'll have another go

Comment

BI.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by SunEagle View Post

I am guessing the inverter with the connection info is the SE-7600. What that is telling you is that you will need a main panel that is rated 200amps and the circuit breakers need to have a 10k short circuit interrupting rating which is the type of circuit breaker that you would use to make the connection in the main panel.

I do not know why there isn't any data for the SE-11400 inverter. But since it can deliver 47.5 amps (11400w / 240v = 47.5amps) that exceeds what you can connect to a 200amp main panel.

With your total panel and inverter wattage at such a high amount I would say you really need an electrical design for your system that the POCO and AHJ will approve. Performing a DIY without the knowledge of electrical wiring can be a show stopper.
                        Thanks for the info. This is not a DIY, and I am not doing the design or the electrical. That said, I like to have a general understanding what each part plays (and to understand what I am getting for my money) The rep said either backup interface would work, but that I "may want to go with the larger one"
                        Again, I'm not an expert on this, but before we added the batteries and backup interface, both inverters were going to one panel, so I don't really understand how the 11400 inverter would exceed what I can connect to a 200 amp panel. For the record house actually has 2 200 amp panels. Large house and we run Geothermal.(great in summer, not so much in the winter-as much as 8,000kw per month). Looking at the chart they are both 200 amp, so what does the "larger" interface get me?

Comment

Disclaimer. I am not an electrical engineer, but have "some" knowledge in what you are looking at since I am looking at generator solutions for wildfire power outages.

The data that you highlighted in the spec sheet above isn't really what needs to be highlighted. The difference between the two devices is installation type: service entrance vs main lug.

Service entrance: Grid power from the meter can go directly into the backup interface box. Main lug: Grid power from the meter connects to a main disconnect, then connects to the backup interface box. You can verify this assumption by making your installer draw a picture of each proposed installation for you.

Comment

Again, I'm not an expert on this, but before we added the batteries and backup interface, both inverters were going to one panel, so I don't really understand how the 11400 inverter would exceed what I can connect to a 200 amp panel. For the record house actually has 2 200 amp panels

From what I read, interpretation of having two inverter generating sources on the same electrical panel is a gray area that is subject to local jurisdiction. The reason SunEagle brought up the 47.5 amps is the "dreaded 120% rule". Google it and it will be an eye opener. For this specific electrical panel, what is the amp rating of the main breaker, and each solar inverter? I bet they put in a 40amp breaker for the SE7600 and 65 amp breaker for the SE-11400. That's 105 amps. Your main breaker in that panel should be 125 amps or less (I don't think they make a 135amp breaker but I could be wrong).

Also, I am assuming you have 400 amp service, not just two 200 amp electrical panels connected to a 200 amp service.

Take all I have said with a grain of salt and have your electrical designer check everything.

Comment

Thanks for the insight. Between you, some additional information from the installer and this video,(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlwzZoHZyqo) I think I got it.

Comment

Working...
                              X