X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • df0rster
    Solar Fanatic
    • Jun 2018

Is Renvu a good store to buy from, website issues

I like the solar kit tool they have. And I talked to a salesman and got him to double check my setup. He even gave me a price match for my skybox inverter.

but now their site has been nonfunctional since I started trying to purchase the project. It acts very strange. Can’t add the project to my cart or complete the purchase. I guess I’ll call them Monday. But wanted to check if people had good experience with them.
  • foo1bar
    Solar Fanatic
    • Aug 2014

Originally posted by df0rster
    But wanted to check if people had good experience with them.
    They're who I bought my supplies from.
    And I had a very good experience with them.
    One of my microinverters had a problem - a broken connector. I took a picture of it and sent it to them and they replaced it promptly.
    They also had the best prices of those that I looked at.

Comment

• Salts
      Solar Fanatic
      • Sep 2019

I bought almost all of my solar equipment from Renvu and will continue to do so in the future. They have excellent customer service and good prices.

Back in 2017, I bought the original parts for my 7.6kw solar system. This included the Iron Ridge ground mounting, panels, inverter, and misc hardware. The shipping company forklift damaged some of the panels I bought and they tried to skip out on responsibility, Renvu stepped up to the plate for me and I had new panels in just a week.

Six months later, I bought some more panels as well as an emergency backup off-grid system that included a Radian 8048, a FlexMax controller, and some other hardware. Renvu had the best prices and shipped them out quickly.

In early 2020, I decided the solar was working so well that I wanted to expand and switch part of my home over to electric heating. Once again, I ordered all my stuff through Renvu, and once again, the damn shipping company busted some panels. Shipping company stood behind their mistake this time and Renvu shipped out new panels within three days.

Their website has been screwy since day one.. but as dysfunctional as it may be, the company is not only very legit, but they provide excellent service.

Solar panels have a rough time with shipping companies so I STRONGLY suggest you spring for the $30 worth of insurance Renvu offers. It will save you a lot of hassle. It paid off for me.

Comment

• solarix
        Super Moderator
        • Apr 2015

Also suggest trying AEEexpress.com. They are more of a wholesale distributor but would let anyone set up an account I believe.
        BSEE, R11, NABCEP, Chevy BoltEV, >3000kW installed

Comment

• bcroe
          Solar Fanatic
          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Salts
          The shipping company forklift damaged some of the panels I bought and they tried to skip out on responsibility, Renvu stepped up to the plate for me and I had new panels in just a week.

Once again, I ordered all my stuff through Renvu, and once again, the damn shipping company busted some panels. Shipping company stood behind their mistake this time and Renvu shipped out new panels within three days.
          Interesting, shipping breakage of much stuff has never been a problem at 61084. More
          of a problem is getting defective, missing, or the wrong stuff. Bruce Roe

Comment

• Murby
            Solar Fanatic
            • Jan 2017

Originally posted by bcroe

Interesting, shipping breakage of much stuff has never been a problem at 61084. More
            of a problem is getting defective, missing, or the wrong stuff. Bruce Roe
            What is 61084? Is that a zip code or something? I'm in Michigan.. Don't think it matters much which zip code its going to.. solar panels are delicate and shipping companies are rough.

I get lots of LTL deliveries and busted crates and boxes are a regular occurrence. I picked up the first batch of panels at the trucking terminal and they were busted.

Comment

• khanh dam
              Solar Fanatic
              • Aug 2019

they are fine. almost all solar companies don't encourge credit card sales and make you pay another 2 to 3 percent. get used to wire transfers.

Comment

• df0rster
                Solar Fanatic
                • Jun 2018

Originally posted by khanh dam
                they are fine. almost all solar companies don't encourge credit card sales and make you pay another 2 to 3 percent. get used to wire transfers.
                Yeah I noticed that. But my cashback card has a 2.5% reward so instead of saving the .5% difference I just paid it to have a little more insurance and quicker shipping.

They seem good to work with so far. I should start getting my first items tomorrow!

Comment

• solarix
                  Super Moderator
                  • Apr 2015

Don't waste money on banks with their old fashioned wire transfers, use ACH transfers instead - free with most banks.
                  BSEE, R11, NABCEP, Chevy BoltEV, >3000kW installed

Comment

• bob-n
                    Solar Fanatic
                    • Aug 2019

Regardless of the store, merchandise, or distances, credit card purchases give you protection that you don't get with ACH. Credit card is as fast as ACH, too.
                    7kW Roof PV, APsystems QS1 micros, Nissan Leaf EV

Comment

• df0rster
                      Solar Fanatic
                      • Jun 2018

Originally posted by bob-n
                      Regardless of the store, merchandise, or distances, credit card purchases give you protection that you don't get with ACH. Credit card is as fast as ACH, too.
                      I have had a heck of a time getting any response from these guys the past week. Although I have most of my equipment except for some of my ground mount hardware that is supposedly on a truck, I have called about 3 times and emails at least as many with no response. Their phone also just goes to VM now. I've left 1 VM message.

What if I actually need support??

Not to mentioned they owe me about $1500 due to some OOS batteries that they told me had shipped and it turns out are on backorder for the next 6 months. They were supposed to refund me 1 week ago and I've heard not a peep about that refund after trying to contact them for the past week. Not sure what to do about that. I might give them 2 more days and call the credit card company to dispute. I hate doing that as they were helpful up front and I have most of my stuff pretty much on time and in good shape, other than the mounts and batteries.

hate it when this happens!

Comment

• khanh dam
                        Solar Fanatic
                        • Aug 2019

I might give them 2 more days and call the credit card company to dispute. I hate doing that as they were helpful up front and I have most of my stuff pretty much on time and in good shape, other than the mounts and batteries.
                        hate it when this happens!
                        please don't do that, it is very bad for a business, write them an email, maybe threaten to cancel, but dont' do a charge back without warning that is just not cool.

Comment

• Ampster
                          Solar Fanatic
                          • Jun 2017

....... They were supposed to refund me 1 week ago and I've heard not a peep about that refund after trying to contact them for the past week. Not sure what to do about that. I might give them 2 more days and call the credit card company to dispute. I hate doing that as they were helpful up front and I have most of my stuff pretty much on time and in good shape, other than the mounts and batteries.
                          I think you have given them sufficient notice assuming your notice has been in writing. . You are doing the only thing you can do. It will be a black mark and it is a reflection on one aspect of their business practices. It may cause them to reflect and improve the speed of their policy. I have only purchased a few small items from them and my experience has been good.

9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

• df0rster
                            Solar Fanatic
                            • Jun 2018

Agreed. They were great to work with other than this. And the fact that they are hard to get in touch with. But I imagine demand is high for PV equipment currently.

I did get an email back yesterday that he was checking on my refund. But still nothing today on the card and no follow up. I’ll give them a couple more days since I know they are reputable and I may have to depend on them for support.

Comment

• df0rster
                              Solar Fanatic
                              • Jun 2018

well an update on Renvu. They have been awful to get ahold of. I've left messages every other day, sent emails, they never call or email back, sometimes I just get lucky and get them on the phone. Got ahold of somebody once and they promised my refund by last Thursday or Friday. Still nothing on Tuesday and still can't reach them.

They owe me about $1500 including the freight and credit card fee. Plus they forgot to ship some braces. those were promised to be shipped last Wednesday when I got ahold of them about my refund. But of course the order is sitting there with no indication of shipment.

I ordered everything on Jan 20. Got most items within 2 weeks. battery order was cancelled on the 27th. And I'm still awaiting part of my order that seems stuck somewhere in a shipping terminal, not to mention the brackets they forgot to ship that there's no telling when I'll get..

Probably time to call the credit card company.

Comment

Working...