X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chrisski
    Solar Fanatic
    • May 2020

Originally posted by Mike90250

I would look for a switch made by Blue Seas.. They have been around for years, and are solid. A critical switch from some no-name company makes me queasy
    I did not see a Blue Sea DC switch rated for 50 amps. The switch earlier where I started this thread, I e-mailed Blue Sea about a rotary AC switch and they contacted the manufacturer schneider who said that switch should be OK to 45 amps DC. To me its either Yes its good, or no its not. No in between. They do have their battery switches 250 amps+, but that is a bit bigger and pricier than I want.

I found someone who is using two of these switches in post #12 on another board to run Air Conditioning with a 13.5K BTU unit off 12 volts. Claims 1500 watts continuous. I would think this gets to about 120 amps for 11.5 hours for a battery capacity test.

This will be for a 600 watt hour battery that will see 15 amps continuous with a max of 40 amps before the fuse blows. Its part of a tiny homemade "Bluetti" type solar generator. I certainly have no intention of using this at the 120 amps that other guy used it at.
    Last edited by chrisski; 09-14-2021, 07:54 PM.

Comment

• SunEagle
      Super Moderator
      • Oct 2012

Originally posted by chrisski

I did not see a Blue Sea DC switch rated for 50 amps. The switch earlier where I started this thread, I e-mailed Blue Sea about a rotary AC switch and they contacted the manufacturer schneider who said that switch should be OK to 45 amps DC. To me its either Yes its good, or no its not. No in between. They do have their battery switches 250 amps+, but that is a bit bigger and pricier than I want.

I found someone who is using two of these switches in post #12 on another board to run Air Conditioning with a 13.5K BTU unit off 12 volts. Claims 1500 watts continuous. I would think this gets to about 120 amps for 11.5 hours for a battery capacity test.

This will be for a 600 watt hour battery that will see 15 amps continuous with a max of 40 amps before the fuse blows. Its part of a tiny homemade "Bluetti" type solar generator. I certainly have no intention of using this at the 120 amps that other guy used it at.
      I believe NASCAR use some type of master kill switch in their cars. I don't know what they are rated or how many contacts are on them but maybe you can look into automotive equipment.as a source.

Comment

Working...