Meter show zero power: SE Energy Meter with Modbus Connection part#SE-MTR240-NN-S-S1

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ItsIke
    • Feb 2020

Meter show zero power: SE Energy Meter with Modbus Connection part#SE-MTR240-NN-S-S1

Has anyone had trouble with solaredge energy meters? I need some help troubleshooting an installation. I purchased a “SolarEdge Energy Meter with Modbus Connection,” part# SE-MTR240-NN-S-S1, from invertersupply.com. Unfortunately, no power is registered with CT clamps with the meter commissioned as a “consumption” meter. When I say power, I’m talking about the power status in the SetApp for the meter, the energy field is increment but I doubt its accuracy. I purchased two CT (200 A) as well. I’ve put about 8 hours of time troubleshooting this and from what I can tell there is nothing wrong with the install, the ct’s are in the right direction, etc. I’ve included a PDF on the installation (see Solar Edge Setup.pdf) with some of my notes. I noticed a part# discrepancy too (See Meter ProductNum and Serial Number mismatches.pdf). I don't know if meters can be sub'd in like this, maybe if there re-flashed for a different use or prehaps the one I got is legit, but my gut is telling me otherwise...

Questions Are the part numbers/sn for the meter supposed to match?The case serial number and box serial numbers match, however the part#/serial# is different for the meter.
    The meter part number is not one I recognize SE-RGMTR-3Y-277V-A.See attached PDF on part numbers.
    Is this SE-RGMTR-3Y-277V-A meter supposed to be used with 3-phase power only?I’m 240V and this res install.
    Is the SE-RGMTR-3Y-277V-A meter designed to work specifically has a revenue inverter with a 3-phase inverter?
    I also noticed these errors in the error log. Am I wrong, to think that this is the wrong type of meter?

SolarEdge Inverter Erros.PNG

Anyhelp, on what my issue is would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ike

Attached Files
Working...