Fronius / Solar.web and datamanagers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fronius / Solar.web and datamanagers

Morning all. New to this but I'll do the best to get all the information on this post.

Our setup is as follows (all on one building)

1. Fronius Symo 12.5-3-M - connected to 36 LG 320W solar panels shared between the roof and a few on a south facing wall
    2. Fronius Symo Hybrid 5.0-3-S - connected to 22 LG 320W solar panels on the same south facing wall

The question might be simple or complex, please advise.

Our electrician has setup solar.web as 2 separate PV systems, which to be honest makes reading the info more complicated that I believe necessary. Would it be better to advise him to change this and set both inverters on one PV system, as this appears to be possible with multiple data sources......?

Extra caveats / questions. He might need to set master / slave, is this even possible with these inverters? We have a smart meters (position feed-in point) if that is important in the context of this post). Hopefully soon we will be adding in a couple of storage batteries and the converter (heating element) for our hot water. Again as far as I can tell as a novice, all this is possible within the boundaries of one PV system....

Thanks in advance
    Keith

Last edited by Keith123456; 02-24-2020, 01:54 AM.

Originally posted by Keith123456 View Post
    Our electrician has setup solar.web as 2 separate PV systems, which to be honest makes reading the info more complicated that I believe necessary. Would it be better to advise him to change this and set both inverters on one PV system, as this appears to be possible with multiple data sources......?
    I think it is a matter of personal preference. From my perspective if I had two different systems with unique arrays I would want the more granular data that two systems would give me. I have three systems, from different manufacturers and I don't have a choice about combining them. However, to get aggregate production data I loop the AC through a CT that gives me the aggregate data I want. The best information system is the one that gives you the data that you want, the way you want to see it.
    9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. I understand. Reading between the lines, this is therefore all about how the data is viewed not about how actual solar energy, battery storage, heating controls are actually used. Having it all on one PV system would still allow visibility of the granular data through the solar.web reporting and it is the overview / representation in the user interface that is a personal preference . Novice question was is CT? cheers Keith

Comment

CT = Current Transformer. Usually a small Ferrite gadget you clamp around a single AC cable, which reads a induced current and extrapolates the power on the circuit. That's usually how many add-on meters work.
        Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
        || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
        || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
        gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Working...
        X