Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chippy
    • Jan 2020

The best ac battery inverter charger availiable

Hi folks could anyone give me an idea of the best inverter availeable on a solar battery system I have a lux 3.6 ac at the moment but find its slow going through its motions switching which leads to too much going to the grid and also slow going to the battery which leads to importing power to much if anyone can give me a lead to the best on the market with any information if possible.
  • Ampster
    Solar Fanatic
    • Jun 2017

In my opinion, the best inverter is the one that can save you the most money. In order to answer that question you would put the details of your consumption and generation into a spreadsheet. Then you would have to compare the available rate plans.
    It sounds like you are load shifting. When you say it is slow going through its motions are you talking about hours or minutes? Do you have enough battery and solar power to get you through the highest rate period?
    9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

• chippy
      • Jan 2020

I think you have misread slightly it gets a bit frustrating to see jm exporting to grid for up to a couple of minutes before the lux switches to putting into battery and when extra load comes on it again takes a couple of minutes before it takes from battery in this time im using the grid was wondering if theres a inverter that has a good name and a faster switching reponse.

Comment

• Ampster
        Solar Fanatic
        • Jun 2017

I have an Outback Skybox and I did notice that it sometimes takes a minute or two to transition from one mode to the other. I don't know if it has anything to do with California Rule 21 which has some delays built into the grid response algorithm. It is not a financial issue for me since my power company uses 15 minute intervals for billing. It is good enough for me so I think my inverter is the best. I think it will be hard to find specs from any inverter manufacturer that details those transitions in seconds. Inverter efficiency and overhead are the operative issues for me.
        9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

Working...