Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mrdenial
    • Feb 2015

SolarEdge SE7600H-US V2 not communicating with SolarEdge Monitoring

I have one of the newer inverters without the LCD. System was commissioned yesterday shortly after 1:00pm. It never ended up showing production on the monitoring site (interver or panel level), even though it was producing around 4kW for a few hours.

System is hard wired via ethernet and is partially communicating with SolarEdge. We can remotely use use the view device screen (which shows a virtual LCD screen). We were also able to remotely send it re-pairing commands which were successful.

Today, I decided to do a factory reset and then re-pair the optimizers. It sent panel statistics (one time), but the inverter still shows it is in standby mode and the panel stats are no longer updating. I can ping the inverter locally and I can communicate with the inverter remotely by using the View Device Screen option on the SE website. Also, when I called SE yesterday, they could get into the inverter without any issues and just told me to give it time.

Anyone else see anything like this? SolarEdge is closed today and I'd love to get this thing reporting.
    Last edited by Mrdenial; 12-31-2019, 06:10 PM.
  • Ampster
    Solar Fanatic
    • Jun 2017

Have you registered it on the monitoring site. If I remember correctly some where on an admin page on the web site from a PC is where you do that. I could not find it on the Android version on my phone.
    9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

• Mrdenial
      • Feb 2015

Yes, it's registered and activated. We can see a short blip on the production graph from earlier today when the system was re-commissioned.

Comment

• Mrdenial
        • Feb 2015

Originally posted by Mrdenial
        I have one of the newer inverters without the LCD. System was commissioned yesterday shortly after 1:00pm. It never ended up showing production on the monitoring site (interver or panel level), even though it was producing around 4kW for a few hours.

System is hard wired via ethernet and is partially communicating with SolarEdge. We can remotely use use the view device screen (which shows a virtual LCD screen). We were also able to remotely send it re-pairing commands which were successful.

Today, I decided to do a factory reset and then re-pair the optimizers. It sent panel statistics (one time), but the inverter still shows it is in standby mode and the panel stats are no longer updating. I can ping the inverter locally and I can communicate with the inverter remotely by using the View Device Screen option on the SE website. Also, when I called SE yesterday, they could get into the inverter without any issues and just told me to give it time.

Anyone else see anything like this? SolarEdge is closed today and I'd love to get this thing reporting.

Talked with SE support and they said there was a stuck packet causing this... was fixed within a few minutes of getting to the right group. Thanks SE.

Comment

• Mrdenial
          • Feb 2015

Originally posted by Mrdenial

Talked with SE support and they said there was a stuck packet causing this... was fixed within a few minutes of getting to the right group. Thanks SE.
          This is a follow-up to this issue. While they were able to fix it by addressing the stuck packet. It happened again the next day, and this time they told us it was a known issue and to wait for engineering to fix it. After a couple days, we asked them for an update and said we see plenty of SE installs that are reporting just fine. They then said it was a known issue with the LCDless inverters. The system is now on day 10 without monitoring. I asked if they have any sort of ETA and we weren't given one.

Comment

• JSchnee21
            Solar Fanatic
            • May 2017

Interesting. New one on me. I would double check the Ethernet and/or Customer Internet solution. If you have kinked, cracked, or damaged Ethernet cable or poor termination it could be corrupting packets. If possible, run a new cable (pre-terminated from a reputable vendor Cat5e or 6). Ideally you'd have a direct run from the Inverter to the customer's broadband router. Make sure you don't staple the cable (or do so very loosely)

Comment

• Mrdenial
              • Feb 2015

Originally posted by JSchnee21
              Interesting. New one on me. I would double check the Ethernet and/or Customer Internet solution. If you have kinked, cracked, or damaged Ethernet cable or poor termination it could be corrupting packets. If possible, run a new cable (pre-terminated from a reputable vendor Cat5e or 6). Ideally you'd have a direct run from the Inverter to the customer's broadband router. Make sure you don't staple the cable (or do so very loosely)
              For clarification sake, the Ethernet run is short and appears to have no issues. Ethernet cable has been changed as well just for fun. We asked SolarEdge if they can see any communication issues with the broadband connection and they said it's working fine and they can get into the inverter at all times. They actually commented on how fast the connection is. They said this is on their end and there is nothing we can do on our end to help fix the issue. Really hoping they come up with a resolution soon. We are more than willing to help troubleshoot the customer's end, but the customer has shown us packet loss tests as well as broadband tests which all appear okay. Pair that up with being able to use the virtual View Device Screen from their website at any time and pair that up with SE saying everything is fine with the Internet connection, not sure what else we can do.

Comment

• PugPower
                Solar Fanatic
                • Oct 2019

Hmmm, I have the SE-6000H -US SolarEdge inverter without the LCD screen. I've been up since Oct 2019. We communicate to the monitoring service via cellular and have only been down a couple of times when SolarEdge experienced technical difficulties on their end. 99% of the time the monitoring works fine. Are you running the latest firmware?

Comment

• Mrdenial
                  • Feb 2015

We asked for an update on Friday and they said they are still working on it. We then asked if they could clear the stuck packet. They ran the tool to clear the packet and data started flowing. The strange thing is the system has been reporting fine since then, maybe they fixed it? It would be great!
                  Last edited by Mrdenial; 01-12-2020, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Working...