Clear All
  • Afrmthabay
    Solar Fanatic
    • Aug 2017

Tesla Solar panel news

Saw this story today

• Mike90250
    • May 2009

to solve the click-bait problem, here's an excerpt: Briana Greer’s Colorado home after her Tesla solar panels caught fire on August 1. Briana Greer
    Some homeowners with Tesla solar panels said they had been left frustrated as they wait for the company to fixed damaged panels on their roof.
    On August 1, the roof of Briana Greer’s home in Colorado caught fire as she waited for Tesla to send a crew to look at her panels. The company has yet to investigate the situation, she said.
    Greer said that Tesla didn’t properly maintain the panels. Homeowners in states from Maryland to Arizona with Tesla solar panels have also found dealing with Tesla to be frustrating, and they’ve been forced to pay regular fees as their systems have been shut off.
    Current and former Tesla employees said that this is all related to “Project Titan,” a secret program Tesla launched in the summer of 2018 to quietly change out faulty wiring on solar roofs across the country.
    -- and --
    “They purposely keep a lot of people in the dark. For an energy company, that’s ironic,” Greer told Business Insider in an interview last month.

( Well, that's the same thing PG&E are doing in NorCalif, about a million customers north of San Francisco )
    Last edited by Mike90250; 10-20-2019, 03:03 AM.
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

• J.P.M.
      Solar Fanatic
      • Aug 2013

I'm not the least surprised. After what I saw of their incompetence and from dealing with their unprofessional and usually juvenile business attitudes, I wouldn't let SolarCity on or even want them near my property. I suspect once they changed their name to TESLA things didn't change much.

IMO, and combining metaphors, Tesla/SolaCity is a real black eye on, and an albatross around the neck of the solar industry.

Comment

• Ampster
        Solar Fanatic
        • Jun 2017

I am a Tesla fanboy but the Solar City acquisition is definitely a black eye. Even on the teslamotorsclub.com Forum I see reports of utter non response on issues regarding old Solar City installs. I only see ocassional complaints about PowerWall installs or automobile service issues. I own a 2016 Model X and a 2019 Model 3 and the service has been good.
        I hope the legacy issue with Solar City installs gets resolved. I have 86k miles on a MX and no service expense except tires. No brakes, no oil changes, constant firmware upgrades and the EV grin value is not quantifiable. Full disclosure, I am not a shareholder.
        Last edited by Ampster; 10-23-2019, 08:33 AM.
        9 kW solar, 42kWh LFP storage. EV owner since 2012

Comment

Working...