Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mochisaur
    • Aug 2019

SolarEdge EV Charger

I recently had the SolarEdge EV Charger + Inverter installed (https://www.solaredge.com/us/products/ev-charger), but I noticed that a) my SolarEdge app when I login has no icon for the EV charger nor gives me options on how to schedule my charging (the only notice is in the Settings, it says the "EV Charger" is "Active", b) the charger doesn't charge my friend's Chevy Volt, c) there is a small light bulb below the EV Charger that is supposed to be green when it's on, but it's always been blue and it doesn't change when we tried to charge the Volt.

I was wondering what the problem might be with the unit. Is my SolarEdge monitoring profile not setup properly to use the EV charger, could the unit be defective, or maybe there's something that has to be done with the unit itself to activate it? I contacted my installer earlier this week and they said they'd look into it, but wanted to see if anybody had any experience with the unit. Thanks!
  • discodanman45
    Solar Fanatic
    • Jan 2018

You have the LED colors mixed up. When the EV charger is not plugged in it should be green. If it is solid green it is ready to charge and if it is blinking green then the charger has a scheduled charge programmed. The inverter should only have a blue light when the charger is plugged into the vehicle. If it is solid blue that means the charger is ready to go, but the car may not be ready to accept the charge. I have a Chevy Bolt and the Volt should be similar. You can program the Bolt to tell the car when to charge. Make sure the Volt is set to immediate. If you have a blinking blue light, that means the car is charging.

Comment

• Mochisaur
      • Aug 2019

Thanks for the reply. The LED light has always been blue since the day it was installed.
      20190815_201323.jpg

I agree with your comments on the LED color scheme. It matches what is described on page 4 of the SolarEdge instructions: https://www.solaredge.com/sites/defa...k_guide_na.pdf

I guess the unit is either defective, installed improperly or not activated. Thanks.
      Last edited by Mochisaur; 08-15-2019, 11:32 PM. Reason: Added imaged

Comment

• Brennan
        • May 2020

I had the same problem. After a lot of back and forth with SolarEdge, they finally fixed it. Turns out you have to be a "site owner" to see the EV charger. Ask them to upgrade your access. Same problem with the EV lights for me, but everything else works now. I think our firmware may be out of date?

Comment

Working...