Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any 3rd-party software that will work with SunPower's PVS6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks. I'll ask my dealer if they can arrange them so I can see them all in a quick glance.

Comment

I was looking @ my iPhone and saw that the PVS6 was available as a Bluetooth connection. I selected it and it connected. Anyone know anything about what can be done via Bluetooth?

Comment

Originally posted by JSchnee21 View Post
        Well, the IQ micros "communicate" with the Envoy over proprietary higher frequency RF whose data stream is encoded onto the AC power line output sine wave. So there is no physical connection between the micros and the Envoy per se other than that the share the same AC power line (and are connected through the breaker panel). SolarEdge does something similar on the DC line which gives them a more direct and somewhat cleaner connection between the Optimizers and the Inverter.

I suspect you can just use the Envoy in parallel. There should be no need for installation. Just plug it into your AC and Ethernet. Now getting you're system registered in the Envoy web portal with Enphase may be another matter.

SunPower is just blowing smoke in their response to you re: 2014. What they are saying is that they didn't like all of the customer questions / complaints from informed consumers (-:
        I would like to know the answer as to whether the Envoy IQ can talk to the Sunpower IQ7XS micro inverters. I purchased a few IQ7XS micro inverters on ebay, I was very disappointed to see that the serial numbers had been scratched off. I am not quite sure why the seller would do that, maybe they are broken? I don't want to try scanning them with my IQ Envoy though, if it is known that they will not work with my system.

Comment

zackboll Han Soloman or anybody else ever tried that out?

I am considering getting a Sunpower array with IQ7AS inverters and Enphase support said they should be compatible with Encharge batteries if I replace Sunpower PVS6 monitoring and route into Envoy instead ...
          But nobody was able to confirm such an installation yet ...

Comment

Originally posted by mir0810 View Post
            zackboll Han Soloman or anybody else ever tried that out?

I am considering getting a Sunpower array with IQ7AS inverters and Enphase support said they should be compatible with Encharge batteries if I replace Sunpower PVS6 monitoring and route into Envoy instead ...
            But nobody was able to confirm such an installation yet ...

I did not try it. Good luck.

Comment

I created a way to monitor the full data from the PVS6, which in the end was far simpler and cheaper than replacing inverters or monitoring solution. Total cost < $50. Much of this is not my original work, but I collected all the necessary information from various places, and bundled it all in a new extensive writeup. My installation looks like this:
              PVS6Zero.jpg

Comment

Working...
              X