Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Schneider XW6848 Grid Support: What are all these options???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schneider XW6848 Grid Support: What are all these options???

Hello everyone! I've been poking around in here (the Inverter Settings) and have actually called into Schneider support to ask the same questions about Load Shaving, but they gave me the "Dummies Guide" answer which was turn it on, and set the Load Shave Amps lower for more aggressive battery use, higher for more conservative battery use. When I mentioned all all the other items under it, they kinda brushed me off and said my system was too small to need to mess with any of them. This may or may not be true, but I like to know things, and I'd like to know what these mean and what they do. Does anyone have the time/patience to give me a semi quick rundown?

loadshave.JPG

When they blew you off, and in a vein similar to your statements in your above post, did you think of saying something like "That may be true, but where's the harm in answering my question and providing the requested information ?" ?

Seems they are a better source of information.

Comment

DickyDck,

I can't answer that question but I do know someone who is quite the authority on current Schneider gear.....That would be Dave Angelini who is a frequent poster at solar-electric forum. offgridsolar@sti.net sometimes his answers are a bit short but he is quite the authority on Schneider gear.

david

Comment

Thanks guys, I'm going to hit up schneider again and see, but I generally don't like "making" people tell me things because I'm now going to question if the information is correct. and I'll see about locating Dave over at the other forums.

Comment

DickyDck,

I got the same treatment from Schneider when I was looking into charge controllers, I ask deliberately tough questions and got scripted answers. I asked a tough to answer question at MidNite Solar and was switched to boB, their lead engineer. He is quite the authority. I have 4 MidNite Charge controllers......No current Schneider gear. Manufacturers support is a big deal, thanks, I'm still waiting on MidNite's new inverter line, thank you!
          david

EDIT: offgridsolar@sti.net is Dave Angelini's email address

Northern Arizona Wind Sun' s. forum is at forum.solar-electric.com
          Last edited by Tecnodave; 05-26-2019, 09:11 PM. Reason: Bit more information

Comment

Originally posted by DickyDck View Post
            Thanks guys, I'm going to hit up schneider again and see, but I generally don't like "making" people tell me things because I'm now going to question if the information is correct. and I'll see about locating Dave over at the other forums.
            FWIW, Dave is also over at Arizona Wind and Sun.

Comment

Just thought I would update everyone, Schneider won't help you unless you are a registered professional installer. So heaven forbid you purchased their equipment as an individual and installed it all yourself, you would just get no support at all. Granted I DID pay someone to do all this for me, I don't want to wait on them to get information as their customer service response time is horrid as well. I'll be heading over to the other forums and trying to find mr Dave for some help and hope he is friendly

Comment

DickyDck,

There is a user on solar-electric forum that has kicked thru the closed doors at Schneider and found the treasure trove of technical manuals that many support people at Schneider say do not exist.

Please. do go read his posts at forum.solar-electric.com, user name Hot Rod, post name Sunshine and Bluegrass, an a few more. He posted screen shots and walkes you right to what you need, I have a small bit in that as I told Hot Rod that it did exist but as Schnieder has incorporated Xantrex into the company the location of the treasure trove of engineering data was moved from the Xantrex cache to Schnieder's main cache.

Dave Angelini is a leading expert on Schneider's gear but he is in business, tech support for Schneider, the clock is ticking.

Comment

Thanks! Dave agrees with Schneider in that I shouldn't be messing with it, so I guess I'll leave them all at default

Comment

Working...
                  X