SolarEdge Hd-Wave complete power-down after extended shade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SolarEdge Hd-Wave complete power-down after extended shade

Sorry if this has been asked, I tried some searches, but didn't get any hits.

Has anyone seen their SolarEdge HD-Wave inverter go into a complete shutdown (not night mode) after extended time without sun? For me this often happens overnight after a rainy day. When in this state I can't wake the display by touching the front buttons and the inverter stops sending telemetry to SolarCity.

Mostly at night the inverter goes into night mode. But sometimes the inverter turns completely off. Usually, sometime the next day when the sun is out the inverter turns back on (there is not the usual solar power up ramp in the morning). Sometimes this occurs as late as 10 or 11 am.

I've tried turning power off/on (a/c source and solar disconnect) but the inverter doesn't come back on (until it decides it's ready).

I contacted Solar City twice and they don't seem to have any idea what's going on. One SolarCity guy said this is just how SolarEdge operates. They talked about a service call, but if it's back online when they show up I have no idea what they will be able to do.

Since this is a Solar City installation. there is not any SolarEdge monitoring.

I looked at the error log but all the codes are months old. Though there is on that mentions a SW Error:
    Error Log 3: 03x02
    31/03/2019 14:17:14
    SW Error

I also sent this question to the SolarEdge support group. Supposedly it's been forward to support engineering, but it's been a few day and I haven't herd back.

Thanks

Inverter Info:

SE7600H-US
    PN: SE7600H-US000SNU2
    SN: SJ2818-0731xxxxx-xx

ID: 731xxxxxxx
    DSP1: 1.0000.0451
    DSP2: 2.0000.0405
    CPU: 3.2221.0000

Cntry: USA3
    Pwr Ctrl: LOCAL
    Pwr Limit: 7.6kW
    Cos Phi: +1.000
    Power Prod: 4.6kW

SolarCity professionalism strikes again.

Comment

I have the older A-series, and I think I've only ever seen shutdown when either the DC disconnect was shut off. Or one time when nearly my entire array was covered with heavy snow for several days.

I did a quick search and the issues that popped up seemed to be:
      1) faulty units that required RMA (not sure if the units were actually faulty or just some combination of the two items below)
      2) faulty DC disconnected or poorly landed DC wires
      3) firmware bug associated with setting a fixed time for night mode.

I think the inverter will shutdown after a certain extended amount of time in Night Mode. But this has only, maybe, happened once or twice to me in the 2 years I've owned the system. And on the one occasion I recall there was no light due to snow cover.

I've never had an issue with rain or clouds. But I suppose this might depend on string length.

Comment

Working...
      X