X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scrambler
    Solar Fanatic
    • Mar 2019

Any Feedback on REC N-PEAK panels

Having enough room on my south facing roof, I have been reviewing cheaper panel alternative to the premium type like Panasonic.
    Among a number of these like LG, Silfab, Qcell and more, I came across REC N-PEAK (REC320NP) panels with what looks like a surprising Quality & Performance to price ratio.
    When looking to go solar, one challenge might be how to achieve the most from the space available for the installation. With the REC N-Peak Series, that’s how. These panels enable you to pack in maximum power into a limited space and achieve higher power levels with fewer panels.

Here is what I gathered:
    • Although the company was acquired by a Chinese group a few years back, it is a Norwegian company, headquartered in Norway and manufacturing in Singapore, both countries with high quality standards.
    • They have a reputation for very high quality (even in rough climate like Australia), and high bankability.
    • Recent innovation panels with split cell technology (and what they call PERT)
    • They have the second highest warranty after Panasonic, with 20 years product warranty (eligible to 25 with certified installer), and a 25 years 86% production warranty (98% year one 0,5% /Y after that)
    • They have very strong frame design with a 7000pa load
    • All the top certifications, including the IEC 61701 level 6 for salt & mist exposure which is important for my site.
    • Yet they are priced about $160 less per panel than the Panasonic ($190 versus $350) which is even cheaper than the SIlfab and QCell
    Am I misreading anything, or has anyone knowledge about these panels that tempers what looks like one of the best quality & performance to Price ratio?

Thanks in advance for any feedback
  • littleharbor
    Solar Fanatic
    • Jan 2016

I've handed these panels before. They are very well made and the innovative 120 or 144 1/2 cell design is interesting in that if you get shadowing on either half of the panel the unshaded half continues putting out power.
    Last edited by littleharbor; 04-05-2019, 08:16 PM.
    2.2kw Suntech mono, Classic 200, NEW Trace SW4024

Comment

• solar pete
      Administrator
      • May 2014

I know a few installers in Australia who prefer the REC, they do have a good reputation here, cheers

Comment

• scrambler
        Solar Fanatic
        • Mar 2019

Thank you for the feedback

Comment

Working...