Solar Edge Inverter String Lengths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solar Edge Inverter String Lengths

I have been going through Solaredge's installation manual and maybe I am just missing it, but do all the string lengths have to be the same or just within the min and max? I will have 3 arrays on different levels with a different number of panels in each array. I thought somewhere in my reading I saw that the strings were supposed to have the same number in each.
    Thanks.

Originally posted by Tooncinator View Post
    I have been going through Solaredge's installation manual and maybe I am just missing it, but do all the string lengths have to be the same or just within the min and max? I will have 3 arrays on different levels with a different number of panels in each array. I thought somewhere in my reading I saw that the strings were supposed to have the same number in each.
    Thanks.
    no the strings do NOT have to be the same length. You have to make sure you are below the MAX wattage and above the minimum number of PV modules in a string.
    That said it is usually best to not have short strings.
    An array does NOT have to be a string by itself and in fact can be mixed with other arrays (within the max wattage limit).
    OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

Originally posted by ButchDeal View Post

no the strings do NOT have to be the same length. You have to make sure you are below the MAX wattage and above the minimum number of PV modules in a string.
      That said it is usually best to not have short strings.
      An array does NOT have to be a string by itself and in fact can be mixed with other arrays (within the max wattage limit).
      Ok thanks, here is a sketch, does this look appropriate. The top array (10 panels) is on a second story roof where the other two are on the first.The 8 panel array would be the minimum string length required. I wasn't sure how I would break up the 8 panel and 18 panel arrays without running extra conduit on the roof between them. ( I would like to avoid this if possible)
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Tooncinator; 03-29-2019, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tooncinator View Post

Ok thanks, here is a sketch, does this look appropriate. The top array (10 panels) is on a second story roof where the other two are on the first.The 8 panel array would be the minimum string length required. I wasn't sure how I would break up the 8 panel and 18 panel arrays without running extra conduit on the roof between them. ( I would like to avoid this if possible)
        it is going to depend on the PV modules which you have not mentioned.

Have you tried using the SolarEdge design tool?
        https://www.solaredge.com/us/product...tools/designer
        OutBack FP1 w/ CS6P-250P http://bit.ly/1Sg5VNH

Comment

Working...
        X